AudioReview.com family! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AudioReview.com family!

powerlord
12-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I just wanted to say I love this site,and the people here are excellent,I am learning more than I ever could from sales people and techs at some of these large electronics stores,this is like going to a college for HT and stereo.I hope to soon have an ear and a sense of quality such as some of you very knowledgeable people here.Merry Xmas AV peeps!:cornut:

Dusty Chalk
12-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Glad you're liking it. We're not always so smart -- sometimes it's a matter of asking the right questions.

avgjoe
12-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah, thanks AudioReview, the site and you guys on the forum really increased my knowledge of what's out there and about high fidelity music in general. Thanks, once again. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

For those offended by the above statement: Happy Holidays! :)

GMichael
12-23-2006, 04:16 AM
Yeah, this site is great. Thank you to all the members who have helped me learn as well as those who made me laugh.

Merry Christmas!!!

Wireworm5
12-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Welcome aboard!
I've been here over 4 years now, my post count should be double but I lost them in the new forum change over. I asked basic questions at the start too and had my own misunderstandings on what was good. I still don't understand everything but have a better idea of some things than at first.
Developing an ear comes from many many hours of listening. I went through a phase of listening fatigue but overcame it after taking a break for a week or two. Don't listen at loud levels that leave your ears ringing afterwards,headphones are bad for this. Ringing is your warning that it's too loud. Also wear ear plugs when using lawnmower, snowblower, powersaw, etc.. You'll want to preserve your hearing well into old age any enjoy high quality audio and the joy it brings for as long as possible.
Upgrades all cost money, but you can build progressively. With careful listening analysis over a period of time you should be able to evaluate your weakest link. And build accordingly. Don't just throw money at it, you want to be fairly certain an upgrade will be an improvement. Every upgrade I made had a noticeable improvement. But eventually you have to say enough is enough and be content with what you got.

Happy Holidays :)

bobsticks
12-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the show, powerlord...and Merry Christmas.

JohnMichael
12-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Merry Christmas to All.