Forget the mini's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Forget the mini's

GMichael
12-21-2006, 01:15 PM
And forget the maggies too! They suck compared to this. I found a fantastic deal. Or should I say, it found me. I was out at the mall last night and was approached by these two guys in trench coats. After explaining to them that I didn't need a new genuine imitation Rolects, or any gold chains, they showed me some great speakers. Take a look at these babies below! Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? And they handle 14,000 watts! I was able to pick them up for only $50 each. What suckers they were. Didn't they know how much these BMW's are worth?
They said that they'll be back next week. So I can pick up a Crel amp for $25.00 then.
How can they stay in business selling these for so little? I know that they said that they have no overhead, but wow. It's still gotta cost them something to keep that big white van gassed up.

topspeed
12-21-2006, 02:55 PM
:skep:

Dusty Chalk
12-21-2006, 04:51 PM
I was wondering if my Nautilus's were going to show up at a pawn shop, or if the thieves were just going to keep them...but then again, I doubt they have the proper amplification for them.

emorphien
12-21-2006, 11:45 PM
I was wondering if my Nautilus's were going to show up at a pawn shop, or if the thieves were just going to keep them...but then again, I doubt they have the proper amplification for them.
I doubt their white vans have the suspension to carry them.

basite
12-22-2006, 04:50 AM
erm, you are joking, right?

that are $25000 a piece speakers...

omg, can't believe this,
my biggest dream speakers, and you seem to have them...

are they real? or are they fake?

send pics!!!

basite
12-22-2006, 04:51 AM
I doubt their white vans have the suspension to carry them.

if you ever see a van that hangs suspicialy low to the ground, then don't think, just rob the guy, maybe he haves some more nautiluses in there...

kexodusc
12-22-2006, 04:54 AM
GM did you seriously get those? Can you get them? There's a lot of Chinese Not-ilus speakers selling out there. I'd love to get my hands on a set just for cool cabinets for DIY project.

14,000 watts, huh? Cool, that's more juice than it takes to run a holodeck.

basite
12-22-2006, 04:59 AM
GM did you seriously get those? Can you get them? There's a lot of Chinese Not-ilus speakers selling out there. I'd love to get my hands on a set just for cool cabinets for DIY project.

14,000 watts, huh? Cool, that's more juice than it takes to run a holodeck.

they can't really handle 14000 watts, maybe peaks, but not constant, they're like 1000 watts rms, and yes, they'll probably be chinese replicas (no-one would be stupid enough to sell 25k speakers for $50), but who cares? they look georgeous. if they don't sound good, then keep the cabinets and place other drivers in them...

kexodusc
12-22-2006, 05:16 AM
they can't really handle 14000 watts, maybe peaks, but not constant, they're like 1000 watts rms, and yes, they'll probably be chinese replicas (no-one would be stupid enough to sell 25k speakers for $50), but who cares? they look georgeous. if they don't sound good, then keep the cabinets and place other drivers in them...

Yeah, I know 14000 watts is a stretch. The real Naut's only handle 200-500 if memory serves. Those things better have some damn long excursion. I'm pretty sure by 1000 watts your head would explode from the loud volume. 14000 watts. geez, I'd hate ot pay that power bill.

GMichael
12-22-2006, 05:51 AM
Please don't tell me that you guys actually believed me. This was a joke from begining to end. :ciappa: :ciappa:

Notice the Steel cage?
The Rolects?
The Crel?
The white van?
The guy posting this is never serious? GMichael, remember?

basite
12-22-2006, 06:19 AM
somewhere i did find it a little weird...

but ok, i somehow did believe this...
a little.

:)

GMichael
12-22-2006, 07:01 AM
:skep: :skep: :skep:

kexodusc
12-22-2006, 07:14 AM
It's such a totally believable story...there's a lot of faux-Nautilus speakers out there, mostly in China but I see a lot pop up on ebay and other web places. I dont' care how they sound, I just want to get me some cheap cool snail cabinets.

Florian
01-28-2007, 04:53 PM
This proves that we are getting out of touch with each other. Noone would have fallen for this in the old AR days.......time to bring back the cotton tree.

GMichael
01-29-2007, 08:08 AM
That tree died about the same time as his cat Meow Meow. Maybe the magic pixxy snot can help.