Mel Gibson's "Apocalipto" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson's "Apocalipto"

Worf101
12-20-2006, 06:55 AM
I saw a matinee of this yesterday on a good sized screen with calibrated DTS. Man was I pleasently surprised. Gibson, regardless of how you view him as a human being, can direct when he wants to. For the second time in as many films he gives us the story of ancient peoples speaking an ancient tongue. In this case it's the story of a tribe of "pre-Columbian" Native Americans struggling to live and survive with the "800 Pound Gorilla" that was the Astecs of the day. Through deft storytelling we come to know and care about this tribe in a very short time.

Brilliantly filmed and exquisitely acted, Gibson tells a story of love, devotion, revenge and genocide with light brilliant strokes. Go see if if you can.

PS. If you spend one red cent renting "The Wicker Man" I will personally come to your house and beat you with a spoon!!!! To quote the late Benny Hill "Rubbage, simply rubbage."

A WOODEN SPOON!!!

Da Worfster

GMichael
12-20-2006, 07:10 AM
A WOODEN SPOON!!!

Da Worfster

Oooh, might be worth it.

Worf101
12-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Oooh, might be worth it.
And to think, I almost missed you folks!!!! Happy holidays G-Man...

Da Worfster

GMichael
12-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Merry Christmas Worf. I've missed you. Don't forget to join the party.
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=20727

topspeed
12-21-2006, 09:40 AM
A lot of people agree, I think it doing pretty well at the box office. Sounds like fun, I'll try to catch it next week.

Merry Christmas, Worfster!