Off Topic - Attn Dog Lovers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic - Attn Dog Lovers

Duds
12-20-2006, 05:25 AM
I just wanted to make any dog owners aware of a foundation I was recently made aware of.

About two months ago, I found out my 6 1/2 year old Saint Bernard was diagnosed with bone cancer. As you can imagine, it was devastating news. I did all I could to prevent something like this from happening, like feeding him the highest quality food, providing him with supplements, exercise, etc. Not too long before I found out about his illness, I found out that his Father had passed away from bone cancer as well. I guess taking the steps I had to prevent something like this from happening cant prevent a disease that is in his genes.

Anyways, a friend of mine sent me a collar from this website (see below) and I just thought it was awesome. Since then, I have been trying to spread the word to make people aware that there is a foundation trying to help prevent this nasty disease in dogs. Please pass this along to anyone you know who is a dog lover, and if you can, please order a collar for your dog. Thank for your time!

www.pet4pets.com

bobsticks
12-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Cool post. I don't own a dog or I would buy one...come to think of it maybe I'll buy a half dozen or so for GMichael's housewarming party.

On a serious note, sorry to read about your canine friend. Having owned a few in the past I know that the cliche is true--they really become part of the family. I hope you get to make the most of whatever time you have left together.

Duds
12-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Thanks so much for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated.

Cool post. I don't own a dog or I would buy one...come to think of it maybe I'll buy a half dozen or so for GMichael's housewarming party.

On a serious note, sorry to read about your canine friend. Having owned a few in the past I know that the cliche is true--they really become part of the family. I hope you get to make the most of whatever time you have left together.

Bernd
12-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi Duds,
Sorry to read about your canine pal. Not to long ago we lost a young dog to bone cancer. So I know in a small way what you go through.
All I can say is celebrate the memories.
I shall order some collors and use them as presents for our new puppy owners.

Peace

Bernd

R.I.P. Vinnie

kexodusc
12-20-2006, 08:05 AM
My wife just ordered one. She's a pushover for anything dog related. Okay, so am I.

Duds - I went through the cancer thing with my border collie. Poor guy was only 8 years old. That was tough, I know exactly what you're going through now. All I can say is to make the most of the time you have left, and be right there with him at the end. It'll make it a lot easier for both him and you.

Duds
12-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Thanks so much Bernd, and sorry to hear about your loss.

Hi Duds,
Sorry to read about your canine pal. Not to long ago we lost a young dog to bone cancer. So I know in a small way what you go through.
All I can say is celebrate the memories.
I shall order some collors and use them as presents for our new puppy owners.

Peace

Bernd

R.I.P. Vinnie

Duds
12-20-2006, 08:07 AM
Many many thanks to you and your wife, and sorry for your loss as well.

My wife just ordered one. She's a pushover for anything dog related. Okay, so am I.

Duds - I went through the cancer thing with my border collie. Poor guy was only 8 years old. That was tough, I know exactly what you're going through now. All I can say is to make the most of the time you have left, and be right there with him at the end. It'll make it a lot easier for both him and you.

ForeverAutumn
12-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Hey Duds. Thanks for this post. I don't own a dog, but I love all animals and I'll be passing this web site along to all of my dog-owner friends.

I'm so sorry to hear about your furry friend. It's a great loss to lose a pet. I hope that you're able to enjoy a long time together before that happens.

Duds
12-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Thank you so much FA!!!

Hey Duds. Thanks for this post. I don't own a dog, but I love all animals and I'll be passing this web site along to all of my dog-owner friends.

I'm so sorry to hear about your furry friend. It's a great loss to lose a pet. I hope that you're able to enjoy a long time together before that happens.

GMichael
12-20-2006, 08:40 AM
I just wanted to make any dog owners aware of a foundation I was recently made aware of.

About two months ago, I found out my 6 1/2 year old Saint Bernard was diagnosed with bone cancer. As you can imagine, it was devastating news. I did all I could to prevent something like this from happening, like feeding him the highest quality food, providing him with supplements, exercise, etc. Not too long before I found out about his illness, I found out that his Father had passed away from bone cancer as well. I guess taking the steps I had to prevent something like this from happening cant prevent a disease that is in his genes.

Anyways, a friend of mine sent me a collar from this website (see below) and I just thought it was awesome. Since then, I have been trying to spread the word to make people aware that there is a foundation trying to help prevent this nasty disease in dogs. Please pass this along to anyone you know who is a dog lover, and if you can, please order a collar for your dog. Thank for your time!

www.pet4pets.com

Very sad. I am sorry for your loss.
Thanks for the link

Duds
12-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Thank you!!!! Please pass the link along.

QUOTE=GMichael]Very sad. I am sorry for your loss.
Thanks for the link[/QUOTE]

dean_martin
12-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Duds, I'm truly sorry to hear about your Saint Bernard. I'm a relatively new dog/pet lover. Our Roxie is 4 (we got her Christmas Eve 4 years ago) and is an important part of our family. Thanks for the link and for spreading the word.

Duds
12-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks so much Dean, much appreciated. Enjoy every minute with Roxie!

QUOTE=dean_martin]Duds, I'm truly sorry to hear about your Saint Bernard. I'm a relatively new dog/pet lover. Our Roxie is 4 (we got her Christmas Eve 4 years ago) and is an important part of our family. Thanks for the link and for spreading the word.[/QUOTE]

basite
12-20-2006, 10:44 AM
he likes it in dogs heaven...
maybe he'll meet our dog.

we had a dog once, (a bearderd collie, or a borderd collie, don't know the names too good, but it was one of the 2)

it was named "Beto" (to the first 2 letters of my name (Bert) and the first 2 letters of my brothers name (Tom)) it was a nice dog, and he never barked, he never bit, he never messed up with the cat (they were like best friends), in fact, he never did anything that annoyed me and other people, (unlike the other dogs in our street), but then there were fireworks (somewhere during the summer), and dogs don't like them for some reason, and the dog was still outside in the garden while we were looking at the fireworks, the next morning Beto was gone, and we ended up searching it for a week, but we didn't find him, and i still don't know what happened to him...
it's really a great loss to lose a pet, especially dogs.

best wishes,
Basite.