CD player "spins up" but skips on first few tracks ?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CD player "spins up" but skips on first few tracks ??

Gary3072
12-20-2006, 01:30 AM
I have an Onkyo Integra DX-C606 cd changer, and lately it has been trying to "spin up" or load the cd, but when it starts playing it skips on the first few tracks.....strangely it will play the middle or end of the cd fine!?
Is this a problem with the lens or is the motor shot ? Could this be repaired at home ?

Grandpaw
12-20-2006, 08:03 AM
I have an Onkyo Integra DX-C606 cd changer, and lately it has been trying to "spin up" or load the cd, but when it starts playing it skips on the first few tracks.....strangely it will play the middle or end of the cd fine!?
Is this a problem with the lens or is the motor shot ? Could this be repaired at home ?

Welcome to the forum. I guess I will have to ask the obvious and ask if this happens on all Cd's or just one. There will be others that will come along and give you more help than I can.

If you find out an answer to you problem please come back and share it with us so we can all benefit from your problem. So many people come and ask questions and never share the answer. Good luck with your problem, Jeff

Dusty Chalk
12-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Get a good CD lens cleaner. I had this problem in my car, and with one clean, it went away.

If that doesn't do it, then pursue something more expensive, but start with that.

Gary3072
12-20-2006, 12:35 PM
It seems to happen with every cd now....It sounds like it's trying to load the disc but it keeps spinning for at least 10 sec...and it skips on the first few tracks.

Ive tried cleaning the lens but it didnt help :confused5:

Dusty Chalk
12-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Then it might be an alignment and/or motor problem.

Bummer dude.

audio_dude
12-20-2006, 03:28 PM
yeah, sorry to hear that dude, hope it can be fixed without spending a fortune!

The Tahitijack
12-21-2006, 04:53 PM
I had a similar problem with home made compilation discs. Some would not read on my Sony boom box, others were fine.

mlsstl
01-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Could be a lubrication issue. You might try removing the cover and see if you can lubricate the rails on which the laser assembly moves back and forth. Use a plastic-safe grease.

Another possibility is the laser is going bad. I've had that happen on some older units. The part is generally about $75 but the catch is you generally need test equipment to adjust the assembly after installation, and would also need the service manual to see what the exact procedure is. This is not a DIY project for most people.