Hitachi 51" CRT Projection HDTV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi 51" CRT Projection HDTV

mphs68
12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Anyone have this tv Hitachi 51 F59A Im getting it from circuit City as a replacement for a tv their having to replace. This is the only one I had to pick from. Im read a few reviews on it most were good.

bfalls
12-18-2006, 08:17 PM
You'll need to be more specific about which model 51" RPTV you have. Hitachi has several different price points. I have a 57S715. It's a 57" S series of the model 715. Each series has different types of CRTs and lens systems. There's also 'F', 'G', and several other series for differnet models.

kelsci
12-19-2006, 11:44 AM
My brother and I were looking at this tv at circuit city. Hitachi has been in the tv industry for many years. I think you will have to judge the set for yourself when you get it. So set it up as quickly as you can and start using it to see if you like it. I think you have 30 days if you have to return it.

As for as a CRT set goes, it does have good features. I would have liked the set to have two hdmi inputs and a NTSC tuner.

When I was in Circuit City, the feed into the set was lousy so I could not really tell how good it could play. In one store, they had the 57 inch unit, which did look impressive for a crt unit, but the feed was lousy there too.

Robert-The-Rambler
01-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Anyone have this tv Hitachi 51 F59A Im getting it from circuit City as a replacement for a tv their having to replace. This is the only one I had to pick from. Im read a few reviews on it most were good.

I just finished watching King Kong on HD DVD and let me say that my tears at the end of the movie weren't only for poor King Kong. In 1080i other than some very rare flicker and rare instances where text on the very edges of the screen near the corners seem slightly blurred the image quality is unbelievable in every way. CRTs have great black levels and for 1200 plus tax this mammoth TV beats my Sanyo PLV-Z5 projector that cost $1800 in overall image quality when watching high definition DVDs. If you could fit it I would get the 65" while they still make these wonders. Your 51" should have the same wonderful picture quality. I have no regrets at all!!!!!

My model number is the 65F59A.

EdwardGein
01-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I've found the reviews on Circuit City's Website are very reliable & not censored by Circuit City. If the overall Review on this is 4.6 (out of 5) it's a definite keeper. If it's under 4.3 Do Not Buy. I'm not sure what this cost you but I know you can get an excelent Mitsubishi 48" rear Projector CRT HDTV for around $1200. I bought mine 3 years ago when it was $1600 & it's a great set.

recoveryone
01-07-2007, 04:59 PM
for online reviews I would say go over to cnet.com and see if they have and reviews on it. But its hard to say anything bad about a CRT unit (the standard that all others are compared to.)