Newest family member (off topic) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Newest family member (off topic)

Chip_B
02-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Just couldn't resist this little gal and had to take her home. Our three cats have no idea what to make of her.

I hope I uploaded the pic correctly...can't see it on the preview.

-Chip

ForeverAutumn
02-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Just couldn't resist this little gal and had to take her home. Our three cats have no idea what to make of her.

I hope I uploaded the pic correctly...can't see it on the preview.

-Chip

I was just going back and reviewing some posts that I had missed and came across this one again.

Swish posts a picture of his new (old) car and we have a weeks worth of conversation; I post a pic of my new guitar and the same thing happens; but Chip posts this adorable picture of his new ball of fluff and it gets ignored. Well, that's just wrong!

Chip, your new family member is beautiful. She looks like she'll be lot of fun to have around. Congratulations! Enjoy her (even if your cats won't :D ). What did you name her?

Does anyone else here have pets? Do they like music? ;) Tell us about them.

I have a pet rat named.....Autumn!

Chip_B
02-20-2004, 06:25 PM
I was just going back and reviewing some posts that I had missed and came across this one again.

Swish posts a picture of his new (old) car and we have a weeks worth of conversation; I post a pic of my new guitar and the same thing happens; but Chip posts this adorable picture of his new ball of fluff and it gets ignored. Well, that's just wrong!

Chip, your new family member is beautiful. She looks like she'll be lot of fun to have around. Congratulations! Enjoy her (even if your cats won't :D ). What did you name her?

Does anyone else here have pets? Do they like music? ;) Tell us about them.

I have a pet rat named.....Autumn!
Her name is Savannah, but we call her Vanna (nyuk nyuk). She's really a sweetheart, but we're trying to break her of biting. She's being playful when she does it, but those little teeth are sharp. Like most puppies, she's a non-stop bundle of unstoppable energy and when she gets wound up, she wants to chew on everything: my shirt, my wife's dress, ankles, arms, hands....whatever's within reach.

For now, we're following advice we got from the guy who sold her to us. She stays in a pen (indoors) while we're at work and when we have her out of the pen and indoors, she stays on a leash. When she bites, we grab her lower jaw and push her tongue back far enough to make her uncomfortable and say 'NO!'. We tried rattling a soda can with pennies in it to get her attention, per the guy's advice, but she just thinks its a toy and bites the can.

Two of our cats, Jasper and Daisy, are very curious about her, but will whack her on the nose and hiss when she get's too close. Jasper, who is definitely my wife's cat through and through, was obviously pissed off about having another animal in the house and stopped sleeping by her side for more than a week. He seems to be 'over it' now though and woke her up at 2:00AM yesterday by digging in her hair and head-butting her for attention, as is his custom. The third cat, Gracie, won't come anywhere near Vanna.

We're very happy with the decision to bring Vanna home, even if the cats aren't too thrilled. She's really good-natured and is a hoot to watch. When we take her outside to 'take care of bidness' the first thing she does when she gets out the door is a full speed belly flop on the grass. Her momentum carries her several feet on her tummy, and when she stops she crosses her forepaws and looks like she's posing.

BTW, we don't have any rats, but we've got a couple of rodents: my boys have hamsters (which the cats would love to get to know better). My oldest son (now living on his own) also has a hamster; after watching her climb the walls of her cage non-stop for the first 24 hours she was out of the pet store, he dubbed her Ritalina (gotta love the name).

Thanks for acknowledging our little gal.

-Chip

Finch Platte
02-20-2004, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverAutumn]Chip posts this adorable picture of his new ball of fluff and it gets ignored. Well, that's just wrong!

Chip, your new family member is beautiful.[QUOTE]

Is it a possum?

fp

DarrenH
02-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Is it a possum?

fp

No, it's a white short quilled Porcupine.

Tree climbing variety.

Very rare indeed.

genus stevunicus wilsonicus absentia

Very cool Chip.

Feed her lots of love.

Darren

ForeverAutumn
02-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Two of our cats, Jasper and Daisy, are very curious about her, but will whack her on the nose and hiss when she get's too close. Jasper, who is definitely my wife's cat through and through, was obviously pissed off about having another animal in the house and stopped sleeping by her side for more than a week.

I have a soft spot in my heart for all things named Jasper.

I had a ferret named Jasper. We had her for about 6.5 years before she succumbed to a heart problem. Most people find this really hard to believe, but she was the best pet that I've ever had. She's been gone for over two years and I still miss her. I would get another ferret in a heartbeat. But like your Jasper is your wife's cat, our Jasper was mine. She and the hubby didn't get along too well so he's pretty much put his foot down about another ferret in the house. :(

I'm allergic to cats and we aren't home enough to look after a dog. So, we're discussing bunnies for our next pet. No, not the Snowie kind. ;)

Finch Platte
02-21-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm allergic to cats and we aren't home enough to look after a dog. So, we're discussing bunnies for our next pet. No, not the Snowie kind. ;)

[clop clop clop]
[whinny whinny]
GALAHAD:
They're nervous, sire.
ARTHUR:
Then we'd best leave them here and carry on on foot. Dis-mount!
TIM:
Behold the cave of Caerbannog!
ARTHUR:
Right! Keep me covered.
GALAHAD:
What with?
ARTHUR:
W-- just keep me covered.
TIM:
Too late!
[dramatic chord]
ARTHUR:
What?
TIM:
There he is!
ARTHUR:
Where?
TIM:
There!

ARTHUR:
What, behind the rabbit?
TIM:
It is the rabbit.
ARTHUR:
You silly sod!
TIM:
What?
ARTHUR:
You got us all worked up!
TIM:
Well, that's no ordinary rabbit!
ARTHUR:
Ohh.
TIM:
That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
ROBIN:
You tit! I soiled my armour I was so scared!
TIM:
Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

GALAHAD:
Get stuffed!
TIM:
He'll do you up a treat, mate.
GALAHAD:
Oh, yeah?
ROBIN:
You mangy Scots git!
TIM:
I'm warning you!
ROBIN:
What's he do, nibble your bum?
TIM:
He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!
ARTHUR:
Go on, Bors. Chop his head off!
BORS:
Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!
TIM:
Look!
[squeak]

BORS:
Aaaugh!
[dramatic chord]

[clunk]
ARTHUR:
Jesus Christ!
TIM:
I warned you!
ROBIN:
I done it again!
TIM:
I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--
ARTHUR:
Oh, shut up!
TIM:
Do they listen to me?
ARTHUR:
Right!
TIM:
Oh, no...

KNIGHTS:
Charge!
[squeak squeak squeak]

KNIGHTS:
Aaaaugh!, Aaaugh!, etc.
ARTHUR:
Run away! Run away!
KNIGHTS:
Run away! Run away!...
TIM:
Ha ha ha ha! Ha haw haw! Ha! Ha ha!
ARTHUR:
Right. How many did we lose?
LAUNCELOT:
Gawain.
GALAHAD:
Ector.
ARTHUR:
And Bors. That's five.
GALAHAD:
Three, sir.
ARTHUR:
Three. Three. And we'd better not risk another frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite.
ROBIN:
Would it help to confuse it if we run away more?
ARTHUR:
Oh, shut up and go and change your armour.
GALAHAD:
Let us taunt it! It may become so cross that it will make a mistake.
ARTHUR:
Like what?
GALAHAD:
Well... ooh.
LAUNCELOT:
Have we got bows?
ARTHUR:
No.
LAUNCELOT:
We have the Holy Hand Grenade.
ARTHUR:
Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him! Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!
MONKS: [chanting]
Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem.

Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem.

Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem.

ARTHUR:
How does it, um-- how does it work?
LAUNCELOT:
I know not, my liege.
ARTHUR:
Consult the Book of Armaments!
BROTHER MAYNARD:
Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.
SECOND BROTHER:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--
MAYNARD:
Skip a bit, Brother.
SECOND BROTHER:
And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
MAYNARD:
Amen.
KNIGHTS:
Amen.
ARTHUR:
Right!

One!... Two!... Five!
GALAHAD:
Three, sir!
ARTHUR:
Three!
[angels sing]
[boom]

Dusty Chalk
02-21-2004, 06:47 PM
...Five is right out...Never gets old.

I don't have any pets, but there's a dog where I currently live, and I often watch my sister's cats for her when she travels. One of them hallucinates. It's very cool. Breakdances, too.

Chip_B
02-21-2004, 07:54 PM
She's a miniature long-haired albino Great Dane. Her eyes are actually pink, but she wears contacts.

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

jack70
02-22-2004, 03:03 AM
Looks like an arctic Fox to me. (call her "Foxy Lady").
Looks like the kind of dog that’s easy to teach tricks to (?)

My niece & nephew have Hampsters. Their dog & cat also "look at ‘em" as food too....LOL.

Speaking of Hamsters, I recently read an interesting genetic study that used hamsters to show how certain genes have “biological clocks” imprinted in them. This probably is the result of millions of years of evolution that involved solar cycles (the Sun). Now I know why I was so screwed up for all those years I worked midnights... you just can’t fool mother nature. Woof woof... squeak squeak!

ForeverAutumn
02-23-2004, 06:20 AM
Finch, you have waaaaaaay too much time on your hands. :rolleyes:

:p