Going to Vegas? KA!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Going to Vegas? KA!!!

topspeed
12-18-2006, 09:44 AM
If you're going to Vegas anytime soon, after you say hello to Lexmark, go see KA at the MGM Grand. I just saw it this past weekend and it was simply astonishing. You sit through most of the the show slack jawed, completely entranced by the level of artistry and athleticism of the actors not to mention the sheer scale of the sets. The stage floats above nothingness and rotates 360 degrees while also moving completely vertical.

It will blow your mind. I cannot recommend it any higher. :thumbsup:

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/ka/video?v=674C8C6793F442BF9C17B7C4CB569529MH

ForeverAutumn
12-18-2006, 04:27 PM
I've always wanted to see a Cirque show in Vegas, but just haven't been able to overcome the ticket prices. Especially since the last time that I was in Vegas the the exchange rate was about $.30 on the dollar. :yikes:

elapsed
12-18-2006, 05:33 PM
I've seen Alegria and Varekai touring in Vancouver, and have seen Mystere, Zumanity and O in Vegas. By far my favorites were Alegria and Mystere. KA is next on my list!

topspeed
12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
FA,

Ooof...I never thought about that. Canadian exchange rates = ouch! :(

Elapsed,

I'm going back to Vegas in July for business and am planning on catching "O" while there. This last trip was pleasure, but in July I'll get to write the whole thing off! WooHoo!!!

basite
12-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Cirque du soleil comes to belgium too sometimes, seen a few of them,
good shows (very good shows), but only one that really catched me, which was Quidam.

and Vegas is too far...

JSE
12-26-2006, 11:14 AM
KA was amazing. Saw it a couple years ago. Definitely check out "O". I think it's the best Cirque show in Vegas.

I've actually seen most the the Cirque shows and agree with Basite, Quidam was my favorite of them all so far. If you ever get the chance to see Quidam, go see it. IMO, it also has the best music as well.

JSE

GMichael
12-26-2006, 11:35 AM
KA was amazing. Saw it a couple years ago. Definitely check out "O". I think it's the best Cirque show in Vegas.

I've actually seen most the the Cirque shows and agree with Basite, Quidam was my favorite of them all so far. If you ever get the chance to see Quidam, go see it. IMO, it also has the best music as well.

JSE

Yeah? But how was your visit with Lexie? Did you two make up?

ForeverAutumn
12-26-2006, 12:07 PM
FA,

Ooof...I never thought about that. Canadian exchange rates = ouch! :(

The last time that we were in Vegas was about three years ago. We really wanted to see Blue Man Group, but tickets were $95 US. Or about $120 CDN at the time. So we passed.

Two years ago a permanent BMG show opened here, at home. We saw it last year for $50. We were glad that we waited! Unfortunately, the permanent show couldn't make a long-term go of it here and will be closing on January 7/07. But at least we got to see the show for less than half the cost of seeing it in Vegas.

JSE
12-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah? But how was your visit with Lexie? Did you two make up?

I was there this last spring. I actually wondered what it would be like to meet him face to face. Or maybe I should say face to chest. I'm 6'3" and I'm guessing he's about 5'2", bald and chubby. All at an age of about 21, 22? I actually wish he was still around. He was fun to mess with. I could set him off by just posting "????". Within a few posts, he was usually threating to kick my or Sit T's arse.

JSE