Realistic Mach 5000 loud speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Mach 5000 loud speakers

Djkenny
12-16-2006, 08:12 PM
:confused: Looking for specs on these speakers any info would be great tryed this before along time ago lots of reply but no specs looks like the post may have gottin deleted anyways speaker still working like new foam still good , Im attaching some pics enjoy..:cornut:

audio_dude
12-16-2006, 08:18 PM
ahh, the classic 70's and 80's 3-way boom speakers! i hads me a pair once, they were amazing... (no, not the MACH5000's...) yeah, realistic was made by the 'shack, oh well, prboably sounds like all the other ones..

Daedilus
12-16-2006, 09:17 PM
there is probably a reason no one bothered to post the specs online anywhere... could have something to do with the fact they are radio shack speakers...

in the immortal words of Monty Python:

Now go avay! or i shall taunt joo a second thyme!

(i told him we already a' got one)

JoeE SP9
12-17-2006, 06:05 AM
You should try www.audiokarma.org (http://www.audiokarma.org) they are into that old stuff including your Mach 5000 speakers.:sleep:

Djkenny
12-18-2006, 04:27 PM
You should try www.audiokarma.org (http://www.audiokarma.org) they are into that old stuff including your Mach 5000 speakers.:sleep:

Thanks Ive registered And Posted a couple Pics Hopefully someone will Have some info again Thanks A whole Bunch...

evilnbr
01-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Realistic Mach 5000:

2 X Bullet Tweeters
1 X 5" Cone Midrange
1 X 15" Polypropylene Cone Woofer, Foam Surrounds

Cat Number: 40-8032

Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Power Handling: 100 Watt RMS/160 Watt Peak
Efficiency: 91dB 1Watt/1Meter

Digital Ready, Auto Reset Breaker

Rear ported bass reflex design. Removable face grill. No controls for any drivers.

They weigh 52lbs each (they are living in the garage right now or I would give you the dimensions as well. I am running a set of Paradigms and a smaller set up right now).

I bought mine new and still have them, they still work well and shake the house.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
This speaker is a decedent of the Mach One speaker. This was Radio Shack idea of latching on to Digital as a marketing scheme when the CD was released. Unfortunately each speaker line that followed the Mach One was lesser in quality, used cheaper parts, and fudged spec's as well.