Songs For Christmas? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Songs For Christmas?

Jim Clark
12-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Anyone grab Sufjan Stevens box Christmas set? The pink haired, pierced and tatoo'd girl at the record store sold out and didn't rat hole one for me. Used on Amazon they're going for 50 bucks right now. Of course the day after Christmas I can probably score one for about 5 bucks. I ended up ordering straight from the label and it shipped out today so I should get to hear most of it before Christmas is over.

So, overated piece of shiite or indie wannabe essential?

jc

Jim Clark
12-22-2006, 01:32 PM
didn't grab it eh?

Should have.

Freaking awesome!

I'm not even really a fan.

Weird little set though. 5 EPs varying in length averaging about 21 minutes per disc. I know that Asthmatic Kitty tries to always offer Sufjan Stevens items on vinyl but the play times are so short that it would be a major pain in the buttusko. I may or may not have a sampler in the works. Depends on many factors but I would highly recomend that you check your local indie emporium and see if they still have a box available if you're at all interested in Christmas +indie.

jc

dean_martin
12-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this, JC. It's been a long time since I added anything to the Christmas collection. I've been stuck on the following for years:

Merry X-mas from the Space-Age Bachelor Pad - Esquivel
Ultra-Lounge Christmas Cocktails
A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector
A Charlie Brown Christmas - Vince Guaraldi Trio

(I think...think, based on certain clues, that the wife might be gettin' me Yule Struttin', a Blue Note Christmas comp, but don't say anything.)

Slosh
12-22-2006, 05:48 PM
My deleted reply was merely a link to a Spinal Tap clip of Christmas With The Devil that didn't work for some reason. Stupid and pointless anyway but still kinda fun.

NP: Sepultura - Dante XXI (That'll put ya in the holiday spirit :rolleyes: )

Jim Clark
12-22-2006, 07:23 PM
My deleted reply was merely a link to a Spinal Tap clip of Christmas With The Devil that didn't work for some reason. Stupid and pointless anyway but still kinda fun.

NP: Sepultura - Dante XXI (That'll put ya in the holiday spirit :rolleyes: )

and my reply was more generally to everyone since there weren't any posts to the thread. Not that unusual lately but seemed pretty clear that this release went unnoticed except for the really cool folk here ; )

jc

ForeverAutumn
12-22-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm enjoying it. Does that mean that I can sit with the cool kids? :cool:

Jim Clark
12-22-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm enjoying it. Does that mean that I can sit with the cool kids? :cool:

just pick up your name tag at the registration booth.

jc

Slosh
12-23-2006, 06:29 AM
I think he should have named the whole thing Get Behind Me, Santa.

It'll be spinning today for sure (once I recover from last night, that is).

tentoze
12-23-2006, 06:41 AM
I think he should have named the whole thing Get Behind Me, Santa.

It'll be spinning today for sure (once I recover from last night, that is).

What he said.

Jim Clark
12-23-2006, 09:35 AM
If I was to make a comp the track list would look like this:

1 O Come O Come Emmanuel
2 It’s Christmas, Let’s Be Glad!
3 Put The Lights On The Tree
4 Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing
5 I Saw Three Ships
6 Once In Royal David’s City
7 What Child Is This Anyway?
8 Let’s Boogie To The Elf Dance
9 O Holy Night
10 That Was The Worst Christmas Ever
11 Away In A Manger
12 Hey Guys! It’s Christmas Time!
13 Did I Make You Cry On Christmas
Well, You Deserved it)
14 Joy To The World
15 Get Behind Me Santa
16 Christmas In July
17 Star Of Wonder
18 The Winter Solstice

and the cover would probably be something simple like this:2318

It should probably be included in any theoretical file but sometimes I forget to do things.

jc

Slosh
12-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah, and in theory EAC wouldn't flip the artist/song title meta tag data (winkie)

Jim Clark
12-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah, and in theory EAC wouldn't flip the artist/song title meta tag data (winkie)

I tried pulling a track list from the CD ini from EAC and got nothing which is what prompted my outloud musings. Of course I wouldn't rule out having done something wrong as it's generally accepted that I usually do.

jc

Slosh
12-23-2006, 10:39 AM
I tried pulling a track list from the CD ini from EAC and got nothing which is what prompted my outloud musings. Of course I wouldn't rule out having done something wrong as it's generally accepted that I usually do.
I think it's an EAC script thing. Nobody's 2006er was the same way. Not a big deal and fixed on my end in a couple of minutes.

NP: "I Saw Three Ships"