I miss Demetrio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I miss Demetrio

3-LockBox
12-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Where's that dude?

He's the guy who turned me onto Ritual, one of my fave neo-prog bands, and he was one that flooded me with comps when I first axed the question, "Who still plays prog?"

His comps prolly got the most spin back in the day, where I got my first taste of Porky Tree as well.

Hyfi
12-14-2006, 02:03 PM
After our last blowout with yuck at rocky road some time ago, he migrated to a few of the prog boards. I have not seen him anywhere for a long while. And yes, his Prog Gems and Samplers get play still to this day. He was a great influence that is missed.

3-LockBox
12-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Well you ain't exactly a regular no more either ;)

What other prog boards?

Dusty Chalk
12-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Progressive Ears is probably the biggest one. I can't keep up with it -- too much obscure stuff.

And yeah, I miss him, too.

ForeverAutumn
12-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Me too.

3-LockBox
12-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Progressive Ears is probably the biggest one. I can't keep up with it -- too much obscure stuff.

Oh I'm down with the PE; lots of talk goes on there, plus there's an OT section, and even...

chicks!

Kinda funny though; some of the bands that are doing the prog thingy are semi-regular posters over there - Man On Fire, Cryptic Vision, to name a couple. Plus if you want to use the phrase Nazi Fuktard in the title of your post, the moderators don't go in behind you like a boot licking establishment lacky boy and change it on ya.

Dave_G
12-18-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't think Demetrio has ever posted at PE unless he uses a different name.

PE is a good site too but it has issues as well...those darn proggers are goofy, I tell ya!

Dave

Demetrio
05-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Hey, folks, I am back!!! And I'm glad to know you guys enjoyed my participation that much.

Like I said in another previous topic, I lost some interest in music for a time (mostly because of some other priorities in my life, especially the buy of my house), but it's all right now and I am back to enjoying the best thing of this world after woman: music. ;-)))

Thanks all for the "new" welcome!!!

Demetrio.

3-LockBox
05-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey D, do you post over at Progressive Ears?

Demetrio
05-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey D, do you post over at Progressive Ears?
I used to post there a while back, but it has a been a long time I don't visit that forum.

Are there many folks from here joining there?

3-LockBox
05-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I used to post there a while back, but it has a been a long time I don't visit that forum.

A few - me, Troy (Designshed over there) and Dave G (DEG @ PE)

I'm surprised that you don't, since a number of people over there share some of your music tastes. And there are way more posts there than here, way more.

Which reminds me - don't get discouraged if your post go unanswered for a while. things are r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w here at Rave Recs anymore. This board has gone a couple of days without a new post in the past, while PE averages a new post every hour at least. A few months ago there were some members here pissing down both legs about the What is spinning thread, because it has over 1100 replies and over 26,000 veiws. I visit hobby sites were threads get over 100,000 veiws and over 2000 replies. PE has threads that grow to 15-16 pages in just a few days. For prog music and avante gard, it can't be beat. International crowd too. Yeah, some of them are opinionated jerks, but if you can stomach Rocky Road...

ForeverAutumn
05-22-2007, 06:08 PM

I lurk, but rarely post there.

BarryL
05-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Demetrio turned me on to so much prog when 1 thought it was long dead. I owe so much musical pleasure to him, Welcome back, my SA, friend.

3-LockBox
05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
I lurk, but rarely post there.

chicken

:ciappa:

Hyfi
05-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Hey Demetrio!

Glad to hear your still kicking. Your Prog Gems series still gets plenty of spins round here, one just last week. Shape of a Dancer is a regular Test Track for Bass.

3LB is right, this place never bounced back from the forum change. I post so infrequently, every time I log in I am harassed with the following:

"Hello Hyfi it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

This post should stop that for a week or two.

Hello to all the "Others" out there in RR land, also.

Hyfi

3-LockBox
05-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Hello Hyfi!

What's new for you?

I heard they're going re-issue Chris Squire's Fish Out Of Water CD

Excellent album if you don't already have it.

ForeverAutumn
05-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Hello to all the "Others" out there in RR land, also.

Hyfi

There are "Others" here? Run away! Run away! :)

Where the heck have you been hiding?!

3-LockBox
05-24-2007, 08:23 AM
I post so infrequently, every time I log in I am harassed with the following:

"Hello Hyfi it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

When I went away for a while it said. "Bring to me, a shrubbery"

Demetrio
05-24-2007, 02:53 PM
PE is a good site too but it has issues as well...those darn proggers are goofy, I tell ya!
Yeah, I have tried to participate of that forum for several occasions, but just can't find it as friendly as others I have joined out there. Those guys at PE are so...... arrogant. :-(

When it comes to friendly people, I find it very difficult to find another nice place like RR. It's really a shame to see that discussions here are running so slowly. It would be so good to have everybody back again.

Cheers,
Demetrio.

3-LockBox
05-24-2007, 03:36 PM
When it comes to friendly people, I find it very difficult to find another nice place like RR. It's really a shame to see that discussions here are running so slowly.

Its Swish's fault

Hyfi
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Hello Hyfi!

What's new for you?

I heard they're going re-issue Chris Squire's Fish Out Of Water CD

Excellent album if you don't already have it.

Man, I actually only have a cassette I taped of the LP from hmmmm what year did that come out? I may just look into it.

New career has got me occupied trying to learn everything I can about Regulatory Submissions since I support Submission Publishing software that just about every Pharma company uses.

I put together a modest HT system and have been enjoying the big screen and movies. I'm still not real happy with most of the newer music so I tend to listen to all my older stuff as well as many many comps from RRers. Who wants to read a post about that?

I still look here most days of the week hoping there is something I can get into but all I get was that harassment banner.

Hyfi
05-24-2007, 05:59 PM
There are "Others" here? Run away! Run away! :)

You know I threw that in there just for you, right? I've been lurking and working. Emailed ya a few times but maybe they never made it. Are you still playing your geetar? We had no winter here and it's summer already. Lots of pretty nice weather tho.

unleasHell
05-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Glad to have "D" back,

my music collecting has taken a back seat to my photography,

but I still manage to buy 2-4 Cd's a month...

as for Prog ears, well I got in a huge fight with some fans over there, actualy it was kinda fun, I had to take on 2 or 3 losers but I did not back down (they did) and I got my last word in..

tearing... kinda makes me miss the old yechster battles...

Demetrio
05-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey, unleasHell, thanks!!! Like I said before, I'm also very glad to "see" you all again.

Kind regards,
Demetrio.

Dave_G
05-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Demetrio,

I would think P.E. would be a whole new realm for you, sure, there are goobers over there , but heck, goobers are everywhere, LOL!

I still spin your komps on occasion. They were meticulously made and I am proud to have them in my collection.

Can you press any lp's?

BTW you should hear the new Galahad. It kicks ass.

Dave