Van Halen/DLR Reunion [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen/DLR Reunion

likeitloud
12-14-2006, 05:17 AM
Just got this months Guitar World, and in the middle is a half page pic of Ed/Dave
obviously from the 80's, and a paragraph of the on again, off again return of Diamond
Dave. GW always has the inside info on VH, as there Tech forum guy is EVH's guitar
tech when on tour. This time it sounds more likely, according to Eddie, all legal matters
are solved, the money is there, the bad blood has passed, and there's "Tons" of new
material. The piece ends with, "Look for a summer 07" tour. O'Yeah, Micheal Anthony
is out(His bailing to Sammy's band was a huge snub to VH) That bridge is burned
forever. Wolfgang, EVH's son, is in as bass player. I saw him on their 04 Sammy
reunion tour, and the kid, at 17, was giving Ed's famous "frankenstrat" a insane workout.
Bass of course, is a different story. So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully, there's one more
cd/tour left in these guys, we don't get to see a living legend that often.
:6:

SlumpBuster
12-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Okay, for the record I am a huge, big, big VH/DLR/Red Rocker fan. A big fan of both DLR and Hagar eras, as well as everyone's solo work. I see no need to choose either DLR or Hagar over the other. VH was one of the first bands that got me to seriously pay attention to music and was my gateway drug to heavy metal.

I'm also a big fan of reunion tours. Hell, I even paid cash money to see Warrant a couple summers ago (really good tight band BTW :cornut:).

But, a VH/DLR reunion has all the opprotunistic stink and embarrassment potential of the Sex Pistols reunion tour. DLR is just a clueless cornball laughing stock. Ed is a meglomanical arse. A VH/DLR reunion, IMHO, looks unappatizing, especially when compared to veterans that are still producing relevant records and touring, such as Judas Priest, Joan Jett, and Bob Segar.

Still doesn't mean that I won't buy tickets. :rolleyes5:

shokhead
12-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Its about all VH can do now to get hot again.

SlumpBuster
12-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Its about all VH can do now to get hot again.

Not true! Two words: Gary Cherone. :ciappa:

Dusty Chalk
12-14-2006, 08:24 AM
It'll never happen.

kexodusc
12-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, this would be about as bad as that red-headed freak pretending he's Guns n' Roses that's touring all over right now...

Dusty Chalk
12-14-2006, 08:29 AM
It'll never happen.Quit being so optimistic.

GMichael
12-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Quit being so optimistic.

Fighting with your alter ego?

Warrant broke up and got back together? D'm, I need to sober up more often.

SlumpBuster
12-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Warrant broke up and got back together? D'm, I need to sober up more often.

I don't know if they ever broke up.

GMichael
12-14-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't know if they ever broke up.

Thanks, I feel better now.

When do the VH tickets go on sale? We should all go together. All you guys on the left side of the country will have to fly right.

topspeed
12-14-2006, 09:43 AM
I saw VH last year on their reunion tour with Sammy. Tix were outrageously expensive ($300+ each) and the show was just OK. I'd seen VH w/ Sammy a few times before and also Sammy solo, and at those shows the fun factor was off the charts and the crowd came along for the ride. This last show was good, but that's all it was; a show. You can tell when a band's chemistry is right, and it wasn't anymore. They performed their set, but didn't seem like they were having a lot of fun. I saw the Eagles the same year and that was one of the best concerts I've seen...ever! There's a band with chemistry!

likeitloud
12-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Okay, for the record I am a huge, big, big VH/DLR/Red Rocker fan. A big fan of both DLR and Hagar eras, as well as everyone's solo work. I see no need to choose either DLR or Hagar over the other. VH was one of the first bands that got me to seriously pay attention to music and was my gateway drug to heavy metal.

I'm also a big fan of reunion tours. Hell, I even paid cash money to see Warrant a couple summers ago (really good tight band BTW :cornut:).

But, a VH/DLR reunion has all the opprotunistic stink and embarrassment potential of the Sex Pistols reunion tour. DLR is just a clueless cornball laughing stock. Ed is a meglomanical arse. A VH/DLR reunion, IMHO, looks unappatizing, especially when compared to veterans that are still producing relevant records and touring, such as Judas Priest, Joan Jett, and Bob Segar.

Still doesn't mean that I won't buy tickets. :rolleyes5:

Agreed %100...But will be there, cost no object!

Dusty Chalk
12-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Fighting with your alter ego?It was easier than saying, "I should quit being so optimistic." and then explaining it.

Hey, you know WASP keeps putting albums out.

bobsticks
12-15-2006, 05:39 AM
...the infamous codpiece ?

Harleyx
12-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Just got this months Guitar World, and in the middle is a half page pic of Ed/Dave
obviously from the 80's, and a paragraph of the on again, off again return of Diamond
Dave. GW always has the inside info on VH, as there Tech forum guy is EVH's guitar
tech when on tour. This time it sounds more likely, according to Eddie, all legal matters
are solved, the money is there, the bad blood has passed, and there's "Tons" of new
material. The piece ends with, "Look for a summer 07" tour. O'Yeah, Micheal Anthony
is out(His bailing to Sammy's band was a huge snub to VH) That bridge is burned
forever. Wolfgang, EVH's son, is in as bass player. I saw him on their 04 Sammy
reunion tour, and the kid, at 17, was giving Ed's famous "frankenstrat" a insane workout.
Bass of course, is a different story. So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully, there's one more
cd/tour left in these guys, we don't get to see a living legend that often.
:6:
They got it left in 'em, and I wil DAMN well be there to see it again.
I hear Dave isn't returning Ed's calls now. WTF? Dave...You wanted this...GET A MOVE ON!