Sound and Vision Setup DVD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sound and Vision Setup DVD

poneal
02-10-2004, 02:12 PM
I got my setup DVD yesterday and I wish I would have opted for the more expensive ovation setup DVD. Not that the Sound and Vision is bad, it just didn't have all the things I was expecting, unless there buried in a chapter somewhere. In all honesty, I did like the video tuneup and the audio wasn't bad either. I was expecting test tones of different frequencies so that I could tell if my speaker actually does play as low or high as the specifications say. In conclusion, I would say that if you really don't like to tinker with your system then go with this version. If you are more of an audiophile, I think the ovation setup DVD would be better.

This being said, does anyone know where to get a set of test tones on the web for free, because I really don't want to spend $50.00 to get the ovation setup disk?

bikehikefish
02-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Look at this:

http://www.stryke.com/testcd1.htm

Not free, but 11.95 shipped is not bad.

Originally for bass, but it has tones up to 20 Khz.

mtrycraft
02-10-2004, 09:05 PM
I got my setup DVD yesterday and I wish I would have opted for the more expensive ovation setup DVD. Not that the Sound and Vision is bad, it just didn't have all the things I was expecting, unless there buried in a chapter somewhere. In all honesty, I did like the video tuneup and the audio wasn't bad either. I was expecting test tones of different frequencies so that I could tell if my speaker actually does play as low or high as the specifications say. In conclusion, I would say that if you really don't like to tinker with your system then go with this version. If you are more of an audiophile, I think the ovation setup DVD would be better.

This being said, does anyone know where to get a set of test tones on the web for free, because I really don't want to spend $50.00 to get the ovation setup disk?

The other video test discs don't have what you are looking for either. As was indicated you need a specific test disc with such tones.