Lifeson, Fripp on next Porky Tree cd [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lifeson, Fripp on next Porky Tree cd

Duds
12-11-2006, 06:28 AM
From Blabbermouth.net...

According to a posting on the RUSH fan site Power Windows, PORCUPINE TREE magazine Carbon Nation reports in its latest issue that RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson and KING CRIMSON's Robert Fripp will guest on the PORCUPINE TREE's next album, currently set for release next April via Atlantic Records. Lifeson and RUSH drummer Neil Peart have both expressed their appreciation for the progressive rock band, and engineer/producer Paul Northfiled has also worked with the two acts.

RUSH is currently working on its new studio album with producer Nick Raskulinecz (FOO FIGHTERS, STONE SOUR, SHADOWS FALL).

ForeverAutumn
12-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Lifeson on a PT album is very cool. At the last Rush concert we went to, before the show, The Sound of Muzak was played. We found out later that the band personally chooses the music that gets played pre-show. Neil Peart also quotes PT in his book, Traveling Music.

Duds
12-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Hey FA

Did you ever check out the live Kyuss stuff on youtube??

Lifeson on a PT album is very cool. At the last Rush concert we went to, before the show, The Sound of Muzak was played. We found out later that the band personally chooses the music that gets played pre-show. Neil Peart also quotes PT in his book, Traveling Music.

GMichael
12-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Cool. I may have to give PT a second try.
:0:

kexodusc
12-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Hey, that's really cool. I hear a bit more Pink Floyd in PT than Rush, but there's no question they're a big influence in keeping prog rock alive today.

I sure hope this doesn't turn into a sideshow of inviting reciprocating artists as a business decision to sell more records like the rest of the industry has been doing. If Mos Def, Ja-Rule, Nelly , or Jay Z start showing up on PT albums, I'm out.

3-LockBox
12-11-2006, 08:57 AM
If Mos Def, Ja-Rule, Nelly , or Jay Z start showing up on PT albums, I'm out.

:lol:

Me too. I'd bail so fast...