Sub !!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sub !!!

69 camaro SS
12-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Hey guys, It's been along time since I've been on here, Miss it. I purchased a pioneer VSX-815 almost a year ago and fell in love with it. Remind you I am on a budget with 3 kids and a wife that thinks this audio stuff isnt important. Anyway looking for a somewhat cheap sub to kind of round everything out. I have klipsch floor standing speakers and some sony suround speakers . I listen mostly to music so the surrounds are not that important to me at this point. Would like to get something for around 300.00 , Maybe not possible. But everything you guys have told me in the past has been right on! Thanks

RoyY51
12-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Outlaw Audio has an extremely well-reviewed sub, the LFM-2, at $299. I think it goes down to 28 hz. It's small and easily hidden, giving it a good WAF. It's sold internet only, so it competes with subs sold at bricks-and-mortar retailers with much higher price tags. If you do a Google search you'll pull up several very favorable reviews.

Happy Hunting!

JoeE SP9
12-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Parts Express has the Titanic 10" powered (250W) sub woofer kit for $299 (incl free shipping). It's a 14" cube, sealed box system. Sealed boxes tend to be better for music because of a tighter overall sound. The kit assembles in 1 1/2 hours if you are totally inept with tools. Tool users can do it in less time. Titanic subs have a good rep. They go loud and deep for cheap!:idea: