"In ear" earphones [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "In ear" earphones

Eric Z
12-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I picked up a Sandisk Sansa on black friday and finally dowloaded a bunch of music on it today. I am very pleased with the sound quality of the standard earphones it came with; however, they are uncomfortable in my ear- actually hurts after 10-15 minutes. I'm thinking my ears have to adjust to the shape/size of the earphones or I have to buy something else that feels better. Maybe my ears are small or something- not sure.

I'm wondering if my ears just weren't made for "in ear" earphones. I plan on checking out some at my local audio place and the main brand they carry is Sennheiser. I'm going to be using it most working out (running and lifting weights) so I want something durable and comfortable (guess I would want that even if it was just for general use). I see they have MX500 and MXL70 abd MX75.

I'm not sure if there are earphones that are supposed to be more comfortable for the general public, or if I'm just screwed because my ears are weird.

Obviously, I'll give some a test drive to see if I can find any comfortable ones, but just wondering what you all think. I guess I'm just trying to stay away from being the guy who wears the big headphones to the gym. :)

Thanks.
ez

Dusty Chalk
12-08-2006, 11:52 PM
In-ear monitors are not for everyone. Sometimes it's fit, but sometimes people just don't like sticking things in their ears. I know I didn't for a long time.

Try something else that has replaceable foamies like the Shures or the Etymotics. I love my Etymotic ER-6i's.

Eric Z
12-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Good point, DC. I'll have to check out some other earphones to see what works best for me. I think my ear is getting used to them (as I'm using them now); however, I'll check out the recommendations you make.

Thanks!
ez

audio_dude
12-09-2006, 10:58 AM
yeah, definitively give the Shure e2c's a listen

i own a pair, GREAT sound, and they also slice ambient noise down to a wisper

Breathless1
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
I like the Westone UM1 earphones which are only about $100. You can get the Futuresonics FS1 for about $49 on eBay. Look at www.head-fi.org for more information on earphones. The Westones are some of the most comfortable ones around. www.earphonesolutions.com is another source that sells several brands and has reviews.