Is this possible, and how? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible, and how?

Rod B
12-08-2006, 09:01 AM
OK, I have an idea that I need a little help with. I want to set up a three TV set up with a 50 inch plasma or LCD, with a 20 inch on either side of the 50. Now is it possible to have all three sets showing different pictures, then with my remote, have them toggle? Let's say I'm watching 3 football games, and the game on the large screen is going to commercial, can have the game on the smaller screen switch to the large screen? If this is possiblem how can I may this happen?

Thanks!

edtyct
12-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Under normal conditions, only by changing the channels on each TV independently with its own remote or on a single remote capable of switching among three sets. But unless each set were made by a different company, and you were to switch them directly OTA, you'd run into a problem with the remote(s) changing them the same way all at once. In other words, if you were taking the feeds from three satellite receivers hooked up to the same dish or from three cable STBs, each press of the remote would switch all of them to the same channel, and I'm sure that you wouldn't want to deal with each receiver manually.

But your question speaks to the scenario that picture in picture or outside picture was intended to handle on a single screen (without the third option), which you would think to be good enough for most people's purposes. With all due respect, your plan is about as wacky as I've read in a long time.

AVMASTER
12-10-2006, 05:28 AM
you would need a matrix switcher and a programmable remote control system; an expensive undertaking but it can be done but unless you're familiar with any of Crestron, AMX or other control systems, you'll need to hire custom installers.