Stallone coming with Rocky and Rambo. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stallone coming with Rocky and Rambo.

Smokey
12-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Sylvester Stallone, 60, has done it again. Rocky VI (Rocky Balboa) will be released in Dec 22, and Rambo IV sometimes next year.

For Rocky, Stallone is directing and Burt Young (my favorite character) revise his role as Rocky’s brother in law and mentor. But IMO, he might be too old to do another Rocky movie, especially when his opponent is going to be much younger.

I guess we have to wait and see how it does in the theaters next month.

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1162008/photo_23.jpg
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1162008/photo_06.jpg
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1162008/photo_21.jpg

icarus
12-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Ya beat me to it smokey, i was gonna start this post

I think this one could be classified under "when did movies to start to suck". Why can't they just let a great movie be... is it just another way for them to make money off this story?

icarus
12-07-2006, 03:34 PM
just Milk It for all its worth

jrhymeammo
12-07-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm still waiting for a sequeal for the movie Over the Top.

Smokey
12-07-2006, 03:56 PM
just Milk It for all its worth

Thanks! Just spilled coffee all over my keyboard http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/images/smilies/rotflmao.gif

I'm still waiting for a sequeal for the movie Over the Top.

If new Rocky and Rambo do well at the theaters, your wish might come true :D

Dusty Chalk
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeezh. Every time I think that we've hit bottom with unoriginality, we plumb new depths.

I can see it now: Rambo figures out a way to leave his signature walker where someone will electrocute themselves on it...

Please, Hollywood, let it end.

paul_pci
12-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Those two movies just strike me as "out of the gate" bad movies and wouldn't consider watching either, even if I was getting milked for it.

jrhymeammo
12-07-2006, 11:35 PM
I only like one movie that he was in.

OSCAR

That movie are awesome, but I havent seen it in like 15 years.....

KaiWinters
12-08-2006, 03:31 AM
When people do not go to it and/or mock it it will disappear.
I liked several of his movies but he is limited in ability and you can only "milk" the cow so much before it is worn out. This cow is out of milk and has been for some time.

First Blood and Rocky III are my only favorites.

Worf101
12-08-2006, 06:14 AM
I hate to see people demean themselves for money. I really really do. Worlds changed since the last time Rocky Balboa and Rambo graced the screens.

1. Rocky's damn near 60. Too old to fight without dying. I'm assuming he's doing a Robin Hood and dying in the ring, I sure hope so.

2. The current Heavyweight Champions are white, and Russian, sooo Rocky III and IV have already come true. So the novelty of the White Heavyweight champ on the big screen is gone.

3. Last time out Rambo was in Afghanistan helping the Taliban fight the Russians. If he goes back this time he'll need help from the Russians to fight the Taliban!!!

4. I don't think that people are going to swallow, "killing machine" heroics agains terrorists when, right now, they're plying their deadly trade quite well all over the world.

I think all of the movies and scripts, GREAT movies that will never, ever get made cause some washed up Hollywood has-been has to trot this chite out one more time.

Sigh...

Da Worfster

kexodusc
12-08-2006, 06:45 AM
A few things:
1) If fans like the Rocky franchise, as cheesy and stupid as it may have become, and want to see another, I can see no good reason for the movie not to be made. No doubt alot of people will go, and a lot of people will even like it. Hell, we were owed a half decent Rocky flick after # 5 (and 4 and 2). No reason to ***** and moan, if you don't want to see it - don't see it.
I can think of a lot of B-grade horror flicks I'm glad were made that the public doesn't like. TFB for them.

2)

I think all of the movies and scripts, GREAT movies that will never, ever get made cause some washed up Hollywood has-been has to trot this chite out one more time.

Are good movies really being held back because of this? I use to think this, now I'm not so sure. I mean, there's no shortage of movies out there being made. Studios with money are funding a lot of terrible movies from nobody writers with nobody actors - not just the sequels, TV shows, comic books, and other easy money grabs. There's lots of crap flicks getting funded that lose a ton of money too. This suggests to me that there's opportunity for the good stuff to make the screen if they're bothering promoting that crap. I'm sure these Studios would love to see good scripts make their way across their desks so they could make a buck off them.
Maybe there's just aren't many good scripts these days? Music goes through some long, boring periods. Why not movies?

3) I kinda like Sly. But damn, when half the movies you've done are 2 characters, you gotta wonder if maybe enough is enough? At least Arnold had the balls to try to be a comedian in such hits as Kindergarten Cop, and Jingle All The Way. The last good Sly flick I remember was Copland, I think.

bobsticks
12-08-2006, 07:11 AM
...Rocky fights Andy Rooney for the love of Bea Arthur.

GMichael
12-08-2006, 08:25 AM
...Rocky fights Andy Rooney for the love of Bea Arthur.

Are you sure that he's not fighting Bea Arthur for the love of Andy Rooney? That would be a better fight.

basite
12-08-2006, 08:50 AM
rocky balboa a.k.a. rocky: grandpa's greatest hits 1976 - 2006

any suggestions for the rambo title?
could be rambo: grandpa's downfall.

basite
12-08-2006, 08:51 AM
maybe he is going to chase bandits in weelchairs?...

KaiWinters
12-08-2006, 01:39 PM
My money is on Bea.

GMichael
12-08-2006, 01:46 PM
He's fighting under a new name. The Geritol kid.

Dusty Chalk
12-08-2006, 11:50 PM
You know, I used to say, I know of no movie that cannot be improved by more splosions. I could well be wrong.
any suggestions for the rambo title?Rambo meets Freddy & Jason ? Die Hard? No, wait, that's a different franchise...

Smokey
12-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Rambo meets Freddy & Jason ? Die Hard? No, wait, that's a different franchise...

How about Rambo meet Bin Laden. He went to Afghanistan in previous Rambo movies, lets send him back in there again.

If we can’t catch him in real life, lets Rambo do it in the movies. And put him in a cell with an inmate called Bubba :D