Funny... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Funny...

Dave_G
12-07-2006, 10:20 AM
My girlfriend is kind of in awe of all the cd's and lp's and dvd's and laserdisc's I buy.

So she coined a new nickname for me:

MAA

Media Acquisition Addict

That's me all right, and probably most of the rest of you folks here.

Regards,

Dave the MAA

nobody
12-07-2006, 11:12 AM
that not funny

monkeys playing ping-pong

that's funny

And, I'm lucky, my wife is very understanding as long as we've got some extra cash and she can fund her daily intake of chocolate. She's actually told me to go buy copies of a couple older out-of-print hardcore albums that I wouldn't have spent the cash on myself so I could copy them to CD for her.

ForeverAutumn
12-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Well I think it's funny. And appropriate.

Any time my Hubby comments on the amount that I spend on CDs, I pull out the calculator and show him how one new golf club equates to 25 CDs. :ciappa:

Dusty Chalk
12-07-2006, 11:05 PM
So, there's GAS -- Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Does that mean there's also MAS? Media Acquisition Syndrome?

I'm trying to fight it, honest I am.

3-LockBox
12-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Any time my Hubby comments on the amount that I spend on CDs, I pull out the calculator and show him how one new golf club equates to 25 CDs.

my CD collection comes under scrutiny every now and then too, though, I like to point out that unlike the $60 or $70 worth of fvcking candles my wife spends a year at candle parties, my CDs are still entact and functional.

JoeE SP9
12-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I confess, I'm an addict twice over. I'm a long time sufferer of GAS and now I'm acknowledging MAS. I just can't help myself. I refuse to accept any outside help. Leave me to my syndromes. I harm no one or anything but my own wallet.:ihih:

GMichael
12-08-2006, 02:59 PM
(Steps up to mic & clears throat) Hello.... My name in Michael. (turns red)
I, uh, uhm, I am addicted to music and movies.
(A small group of people start clapping. One person yells, "Alright Mike!"
(Clears throat again) I have not bought a CD or DVD in (looks at watch) over 2 hours.
(A few people gasp. More clapping)
My wife and kids left me and I've lost both my jobs. I now have over $50,000 in credit card dept and no place to live. But I had to have the new Rush DVD. (The crowd begins to cheer and then carry Mike out on their shoulders)

jrhymeammo
12-08-2006, 04:20 PM
I was on my way to a Tower Records again..... while I was for the trafiic light to change, I decided to change the lane and turned back home. I believe that was a huge accomplishment on my side... but proably the stupidest thing I've done cuz everything is 60-90% off. It's only 5:2-. Do you guys know what time they close?

JRA

Edit: Open until midnight......Yyeahhhhhhhhhhhh and OH NO!!!!!!!!!!

jrhymeammo
12-08-2006, 04:28 PM
(Steps up to mic & clears throat)

Step-up to the Purple Microphone!!!!!!!! :ihih:

bobsticks
12-08-2006, 04:40 PM
I confess, I'm an addict twice over. I'm a long time sufferer of GAS and now I'm acknowledging MAS. I just can't help myself. I refuse to accept any outside help. Leave me to my syndromes. I harm no one or anything but my own wallet.:ihih:

Amen, scream it out Brother Joe.

JRA,
What's wrong sissy-boy!?! There's plenty of cheap SACDs and Mighty Sam McClain just waiting out there. What about MIGHTY SAM MCCLAIN??!! Aren't you even curious. Just go inside and see what they have. You can call it a "scouting trip". :devil:

jrhymeammo
12-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes Sir, please let me finish my HotPockets then I'll be on my way.

But seriously, I'll what I can get there. That place is dead........