A Salute to Alcohol [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A Salute to Alcohol

paul_pci
12-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Everyone, please tip your glass. It was on this day in 1933 that the 21st ammendment to repeal prohibition was ratified! I never thought I'd say this but: Thank You Utah.

Now we drink.

icarus
12-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Cheers to that one eh! Just the though of it makes me shiver.. Hurray BOOZE!!!!!

bobsticks
12-06-2006, 07:04 AM
...and a hearty salute to sin taxes...Ooops!

GMichael
12-06-2006, 07:46 AM
HIP HIP HORAY....
HIP HIP HORAY....
HIP HIP HORAY....

GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG...slurp..

Thank you, one and all.

JohnMichael
12-06-2006, 08:25 AM
If alcohol were illegal I would be a criminal. I will celebrate the repeal of Prohibition. I am also glad sodomy laws are being repealed. :ciappa:

GMichael
12-06-2006, 08:50 AM
If alcohol were illegal I would be a criminal. I will celebrate the repeal of Prohibition. I am also glad sodomy laws are being repealed. :ciappa:

Nothing like a little extra information to help make the day go by.

JoeE SP9
12-06-2006, 08:53 AM

Have you been drinking already? Where are they being repealed? I want to move there.:ihih:

Prohibition was the dumbest law ever enacted. Making it a constitutional amendment was total idiocy. It was even dumber than all the current laws against victim less crimes.

LONG LIVE BOOZE!!!!!!!!! uuuuuhhhh eeeerrrrr hiccup!

Feanor
12-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Everyone, please tip your glass. It was on this day in 1933 that the 21st ammendment to repeal prohibition was ratified! I never thought I'd say this but: Thank You Utah.

Now we drink.

Canada was a major supplier of illicit booz to the US during Prohibition. So maybe Canadians were less inclined to celebrate when it ended.

Story has it that the Bronfmans, (Seagrams, etc.), made their fortune back then. (Hey! just a story: I'm not accusing.) Didn't do my family any good, though.