What are you listening to right now? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to right now?

jasn
11-19-2003, 07:39 AM
Sigur Ros: ()

I'm at work and it's pretty gloomy out there. I may put this on repeat all day....

nobody
11-19-2003, 07:56 AM
Just finished listening to ChrisNZ's Wing and a Prayer comp, which is great. I gotta grab at least one of the Indian inspired discs he used for that.

Just put on the Orb's Adventures Beyond The Underworld.

I don't do much rock during the day at work. Makes me wanna blow everything off and go get drunk.

Probably gonna listen to some jazz as the day goes on.

Les
11-19-2003, 08:18 AM
How I wish I could listen to music at work :(

The only sound I hear at the moment is the monotone voice of one of my colleagues droning on about the unacceptable level of sickness absence amongst our employees to one of the line managers.

Roll on 5.30 and a ride home listening to the Cooper Temple Clause ......

Davey.
11-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Hey, that's a good one. Haven't listened to it in ages though. Wonder why. I'll have to remember to give both of the last two a spin this week. Maybe the EP I have as well.

I've just been listening to the new Laika CD Wherever I Am I Am What Is Missing, kind of a pretentious title if there ever was one! Nice album though. More sparse than their usual multilayered electro-organic stew with more vocal output by Margaret. Overall I really like it. Nothing groundbreaking with their sound anymore like on the first couple albums, but they sure are good at what they do and it almost always makes me happy when I'm listening to Laika, and this one is no exception. Seems like more drumming throughout by Lou Ciccotelli on this one, with most of the songs driven by bass and percussion. Guitars are missing mostly. Not quite as many manic beats and weird time signatures, but they are still there beneath most of the music. Good album :) http://img3.head-fi.org/forums/icons/icon14.gif

JDaniel
11-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Slosh's 2003 All Over Again.

As they say south of the border - me gusta mucho y un mas cerveza por favor.

JD

Dave_G
11-19-2003, 08:45 AM
I brought in Kansas - Audiovisions, Kansas - Vinyl Confessions, Kansas - Drastic Measures, Icehouse - Man of Colours, The Stranglers - The Raven, and The Stranglers - Black and White.

I rebrewed AudioVisions onto cdr, I deleted "hold on" and resequenced the 9 other songs.

I am going to make a komp with the other 2 Kansas titles.

And then I am going to do either a 2 into 1 Stranglers komp or resequence each of them as 2 cdr's.

I will play these komps later on.

I have not played a single note yet today whilst at work.

I will be playing an old Kaipa cd soon, though.

Dave

DarrenH
11-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool.

Up next: Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas

Darren

Davey.
11-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Followed up the Laika with some good ol' Dismemberment Plan. Emergency & I. Don't think I'll ever get tired of this one. Probably played this as much as anything over the last [almost] 4 years. And the cover is even avatar worthy :)

http://www.dismembermentplan.com/plansplash.jpg

Slosh
11-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Um, a CD-R copy of the LP, that is. Man, this sounds so much better than the CD version of Source Tags & Codes (waaayyy less compression). Plus it rawks more too :)

Probably will be picking up The Wrens - Meadowlands, Black Eyes - s/t, and taking a chance on The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone tomorrow, but that's another thread.

~Slosh - invisible personality ;)

Dusty Chalk
11-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Swimwear Catalogue, Ntunxun -- great Tangerine Dreamy techno

Snowbunny
11-19-2003, 05:31 PM

I'm at work and it's pretty gloomy out there. I may put this on repeat all day....

So are you saying () has a gloomy feel? This has to be one of my most interestingly, neglected albums. I picked it up when it was first released and never really gave it enough attention to have an opinion about it. I can't even remember if I passed the original album on to "someone" else or kept it.

Do you have Agaetis Byrjun? It was a big favourite on this board a few years back. I still enjoy that one.

Are you a fan of Bjork?

Snowbunny
11-19-2003, 05:36 PM
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow - Nice quirky pop recommended by Invisible Sloshy. Nice artwork on the case and cd. Reminds me of Wile Coyote and the Roadrunner!

And on deck: Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

This has been on my wishlist since I first arrived in Indietown! It must be good, it cost $6.00 CDN more than the new Shins album. :)

Davey.
11-19-2003, 05:46 PM
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow - Nice quirky pop recommended by Invisible Sloshy. Nice artwork on the case and cd. Reminds me of Wile Coyote and the Roadrunner!

Hey, I just got that one in the mail a couple hours ago myself and was just listening to a few songs from it. Of course Sloshboy put one song on his year-end mix too. And speaking of ol' Wile E. Coyote, I used him for my avatar over at Head-Fi for awhile :p

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/wile.gif

Did you know that I can click on your name and I could see that you were responding to this thread so I hung around to see what you had to say. And then replied almost in realtime. Pretty cool, eh? What, you want more privacy? :D

Davey.
11-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Was that picture of Wile E. taken in Loserville by any chance?
Yeah, it wasn't one of Wile E.'s better days. Hey, I left Loserville already! Now I'm nowhere :(

Any neighbors in your igloo?

Snowbunny
11-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Did you know that I can click on your name and I could see that you were responding to this thread so I hung around to see what you had to say. And then replied almost in realtime. Pretty cool, eh? What, you want more privacy? :D

Hey, if you're watching me and I'm watching you, how are we going to clog up the board with indie music propaganda?

Was that picture of Wile E. taken in Loserville by any chance? ;)

Davey.
11-19-2003, 06:06 PM
Hey, if you're watching me and I'm watching you, how are we going to clog up the board with indie music propaganda?

Hey, how come my response to your post shows up before your post? I noticed that on another thread too. Weird. There's a bug here!

Actually I just wanted to catch up with you on number of posts when I saw that I was only one behind. We're tied now!

Snowbunny
11-19-2003, 06:06 PM
Hey, how come my response to your post shows up before your post? I noticed that on another thread too. Weird. There's a bug here!

You mean you can actually see what I'm typing before I even post it (geekboy)?

Dusty was right, nobody reads the subject lines!

(I'll try and keep up if the researchers quit bugging me! I just met a lady named Pat who tells me she's the only person in the senior's apartment with red curtains!)

Davey.
11-19-2003, 06:18 PM
Dusty was right, nobody reads the subject lines!

I'm sitting here naked listening for the first time to The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow

Hehehe, I just thought you always sat in the archives listening to music in the buff. You mean my fantasy world has a flaw? In need of adjustment? It is a lot harder trying to have a fun conversation in this format, that's for sure. Certainly much more time consuming on my dialup connection! But always worth it with you, Sugarbear :p

Plus I'm watching Enterprise right now too. Yeah, geekboy was the right word! But have you seen the Vulcan woman?

-Jar-
11-19-2003, 09:09 PM
I'm organizing my comps (my comps, not yours).. and it's been pretty cool.. some I have several versions, so .. I'm only putting the final master approved copy in my book and the others are going into back storage. I'm missing several, which concerns me. I know they have to be somewhere.. grr.

listening to my Flaming Lips comp..

"If you take away my pain, please don't leave my brain,
cuz when I think it hurts just the same.."

-jar

chrisnz
11-19-2003, 10:40 PM
I've just received Slosh's 2003 Mix so I've been putting that through some hoops this afternoon. Great stuff and just the kind of suprise package I like. Thanks Slosh!

Also been perusing Four Tet's - Rounds to try and figure out how it was put together.

Chris.