Drums/Percussion CDs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Drums/Percussion CDs

emorphien
12-04-2006, 04:05 PM
As shameful as it is (to me) I never do a very good job of keeping up on recordings for quite a few varieties of music. I'm clawing my way back to a sensible knowledge of jazz recordings I like.

I do, however, enjoy percussion quite a bit and sometimes just want to listen to some nice recordings of said myriad of instruments.

So this may be a little vague, but any suggestions? It can be a straight up percussion disc, or an album that just features some awesome percussion.

Dusty Chalk
12-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Blue Man Group, Audio first, The Complex second
Mickey Hart, Planet Drum

jrhymeammo
12-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Planet Drum is kinda cool( I think it's HDCD)

How about John Cage - Works for Percussion. Just a typical Cage stuff, nothing specially for me anymore.

How about Max Weinberg's greatest solos?

emorphien
12-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Blue Man Group, Audio first, The Complex second

good call on both of those, I have the DVD-As and I agree Audio first, then The Complex.

I think I will have to find me a Planet Drum, I had forgotten about it but I've heard about it many times before.

Keep the suggestions coming in, I searched but didn't come up with much although it's probably there somewhere.

likeitloud
12-05-2006, 04:58 AM
If you don't mind changing genre's, Metallica's Garage Inc, has some amazing stuff from Lars. It's something I play once in a while to "wake up" my amp/speakers.