Yamaha RX-V2700 Ethernet - Wireless [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX-V2700 Ethernet - Wireless

philip9
12-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Has anyone used a wireless connection on their surround sound receiver to stream the internet radio or access audio files from their receiver? The Yamaha appears to have the ability of access the audio files on other computers/Internet built into the unit.

I am thinking of using a gaming adapter wireless access point but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

I could just pull a cable (lots of work) or put a PC next to the receiver and use a software bridge to share an internet connection with the receiver but I am trying to keep the number of boxes down.

Thanks for your help.

Philip.

recoveryone
12-24-2006, 06:23 PM
I just read up on this unit and it has most of the same spec as the Pioneer Elite VSX-81TX I just got. The Lan connection in the rear can by used to connect to your existing wired network. IF your running a wireless network all you need to do is purchase 2 powerline adapters (they connet off you router via lanline in to your house wall outlet). That way you don't have to move a PC next to your unit. I use a device made by Netgear (Mp101 music server) that can work wired or wireless and it is connected to my unit and it plays all the music from my PC's, your unit does the same without my extra device. You can find many of these powerline adapters on ebay dirt cheap, remember you need 2, one connected to your router and the other connected to your Yamaha.

recoveryone
12-26-2006, 11:39 AM
I did more research on this issue just incase others maybe looking to add the downloaded music and photos to your AV system. The official term for these devices are DAR's or home entertainment units. Several compaines make DAR's, Netgear, Linksys, along with many Mp3 makers. The best DAR that I have found is called a Squeezebox, but is very costly ($250+) for the others the cost is well under $100. The home entertainment units play downloaded music and allow you to view photos saved on your computer. Some of this even allow you to view full downloaded videos, these are much more costly than the DAR's average cost in the $200+ range. Makers range from Netgear, Linksys, HP that I have found.

Bouffi
08-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi, I realize that this tread is old as dirt but I actually joined this site for this reason. I have my receiver far from my router (Wi-Fi). I'm hoping there's an adapter (bridge I guess?) I can purchase and connect through the internet port on the back of the receiver and have it talk to the router? If so, any brands? This will save me running 150+ feet of cat 5 wire.

Thanks,

GMichael
08-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi, I realize that this tread is old as dirt but I actually joined this site for this reason. I have my receiver far from my router (Wi-Fi). I'm hoping there's an adapter (bridge I guess?) I can purchase and connect through the internet port on the back of the receiver and have it talk to the router? If so, any brands? This will save me running 150+ feet of cat 5 wire.

Thanks,

Something like this should do the trick.
Amazon.com: NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter: Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WNCE2001-Universal-Internet-Adapter/dp/B003KPBRRW?tag=5336055023-20)

Bouffi
08-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the help, just got one from Amazon.

recoveryone
08-31-2011, 12:03 PM
WOW, saw the bump on this and it's amazing how the wifi technology has transformed in leaps and bounds over the last several years.

AdamWess
02-06-2019, 05:56 AM
18. Who can confidently pick the best product among those listed on this site? https://wirelessster.com/best-wireless-router-for-under-50-usd/

recoveryone
02-06-2019, 07:44 PM
What I have found over the years is that each product can do the job in the right environment. Many of the faster (speed/Mpbs) have limits of distance and ability to penetration through wall, while some slower ones have better coverage. Also placement of the router is key. If you live in a multi level home, you would need to place the router at the highest level, as the signal has a better chance of spreading its coverage. The biggest upgrade in wifi has been the use of range extenders. In the past they were unreliable and caused slower speeds. With better tech, the newer ones out today are capable of delivering speeds of 750Mbps which is more than needed to do gaming or HD downloads. I use one up stairs in my home to keep the signal strong throughout my home. I am currently using the Netgear EX3700/AC750 Dual Band Extender, only $25.00 on Amazon and comes with a ethernet port (RJ45) if you are worried about wifi drops.

paul123ex
07-05-2019, 05:58 AM
yes you can use gaming adapter either if you really want to increase the range of your router.
Best Wireless Router Under 50 Dollar (https://www.allwirelessrouters.com/best-wireless-routers-under-50/)

GarryJones
11-30-2020, 04:55 AM
Does anyone know which is the Best Wireless Router for Home (https://buywirelessrouternow.com/best-wireless-router-for-home/)?

nobita88
05-27-2021, 08:21 PM
Thank you for providing this interesting and interesting topic information. I will regularly update your next posts. atari breakout (https://ataribreakout.online)