Cool new Progressive Rock [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cool new Progressive Rock

Dave_G
12-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I recently ordered Frost and Carptree based on rants on another website.

Anyone here have these?

Also, the new Galahad dvd is absolute killer "neo prog" stuff. Better than most concert dvd's, it is. But also way on up there and as good as the Galahad are the new Pendragon and IQ dvd's.

Regards,

Dave

3-LockBox
12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I have Frost* (Milliontown) and Carptree (Man Made Machine).

I was harping about Carptree about six months ago (on this here website, so its no wonder you heard about them elsewhere ;)). I like it a lot, even though the lead singer is somewhat Fish sounding, he does not go through the same vocal hystrionics that Fish did. There's a lot of influences on Man Made Machine, but they are definately of the same mold that include other Swedish prog bands.

Frost* is no more, they broke up already...:rolleyes:
Their lone album is pretty good, though it sounded a tad bit like a cross twix Arena and newer Asia, but on a positive note, they did power prog/pop pretty well, ala Kino, which is to whom they are prolly most immediately comparable.

Dave, have you heard Pure Reason Revolution?

Dave_G
12-05-2006, 06:01 AM
TLB,

Never have heard of Pure Reason Revolution, do tell.

I found Carptree on ebay, apparently they have three albums out?

Kino - I'm still trying to get into their cd, it's kind of prog-lite, to me, but still pretty good.

I knew Frost was history but figured I'd go ahead and get the darn cd anyhow.

Dave

3-LockBox
12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
I love Pure Reason Revolution; my album of the year so far.

Dave_G
12-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Got the Carptree cd yesterday, first listen = it's ok but nothing really special, maybe multiple listens are needed.

Tell me more about Pure Reason Revolution.

Thanks.