Favorite Movie Scenes. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie Scenes.

Smokey
12-03-2006, 01:15 PM
There are too many in this category, so here are few from top of my head.

The stare down and shootout at the end of "The Good The Bad and The Ugly"
http://www.sorvarangerfilmklubb.com/graphics/movies/2004/var/good_bad_ugly_1.jpg

Scareface: The last scene where he blow everybody away despite being bullet ridden.
http://www.poster.net/scarface/scarface-my-little-friend-5001169.jpg

The opening credit in The Bad Boys where they get highjacked. The conversation between Martin and Smith is hilarious :D
http://www.uncut.at/filme/bad-boys-2/b03.jpg

Star Wars Empire strikes back: Harrison Ford trying to navigate his ship throu asteroid fields.
http://orbita.starmedia.com/~necrose/Sci-Fi/Filmes/asteroids.jpg

Driving Miss Daisy: Miss Daisy first ride with Morgan as chauffeur.
http://www.madisonavenuejournal.com/images/daisy-car.jpg

The train scene in Spiderman II.
http://www.gothamist.com/images/2004_07_spiderman2.jpg

Breaking Away: College professional athletes battle it out with local boys in a bicycle race.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2001/movies/gallery/breaking_away/breaking_lg-01.jpg

icarus
12-03-2006, 02:28 PM
The battle at the poker room in Boondock saints

the end of Seven out in the desert

In Tsotsi when he follows the guy in the wheel chair

The end funeral in Big Fish

The battle between jack and oogie in nightmare before christmas

Dusty Chalk
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
The scene where he has a dog in his trunk in Equilibrium. Also, the scene where he pistol whips 6 guys in their helmets until the glass breaks.

The opening fight in the rain in Brotherhood of the Wolf. All the fight scenes with Mark Dacascos.

From The Fifth Element: Like I said, 'perfect'. Also, the entire sequence in Korben Dallas' apartment from the initial "raid" ("negative, I am a meat popsicle") to the final departure.

The climactic scene between River and her brother Simon in Serenity, with her "you've taken care of me" speech.

The boat flying through the air scene in Face/Off. I catch myself holding my breath every single time I watch that movie, wondering how it's going to turn out. Also, the kid with his headphones listening to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".

Kill Bill -- the "Showdown at House of Blue Leaves" chapter -- most the entire friggin' chapter, but mostly the Crazy 88 fight scene.

The Village -- the first visit from "those of whom we shall not speak".

From Dusk Till Dawn -- the whole movie, but especially that point from about half-way through where they realize they haven't just picked any old stripper bar to wait for Carlos, to the point where they kill that big huge guy with a pencil.

Shawshank Redemption -- the record playing scene.

The Matrix -- the opening race across the rooftops.

kexodusc
12-04-2006, 05:53 AM
I could throw about 12 "Star Wars" scenes on here but I won't.

Michael Corleone kissing Fredo has to be up there though..."I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!"...hmmm, maybe the Hail Mary on the fishing boat scene too...

Maybe the pie scene in "American Pie", too...gotta admit, that was kinda funny the first time.

I liked the White House getting zapped in "Independence Day".

Or every scene from "Sunset Bouleveard" (by the way, a remake of this masterpiece is being re-released in 2008...can't wait).

Worf101
12-04-2006, 05:54 AM
My Fave Movie Scenes:

1. "Glory" - The Campire scene - The 54th is on the eve of a great battle. A "frontal assault" on Battery Wagner. Being a military historian I knew what that meant BEFORE seeing the movie. Men, on the eve of death sit around a campfire praying, singing and telling one another of their love for one another knowing full well that most will not live to see the another day.

2. "Do the Right Thing" - The Cuss-Out Rond Robin - In this scene each of the races spend a minute cussing out and talkin' about the deficiencies of a different race. Neve seen anything like it before.

3. ""Crash" - The "Magic Vest" Scene - A man's daughter jumps in front of a loaded gun cause she believes her father has given his magic protection against bullets to her. When he believes his daughter has been shot for him... the anquish.

4. "Casablanca" - "Major Strasse has been shot.... Round up the usual Suspects!" - Classic, doesn't get any better than that.

5. "Tora Tora Tora" - The whole Pearl Harbor Attack. - Wow, just wow. Torpedos, dive bombs, dogfights, explosions and fierce warriors on both sides... Great movie.

6. "Conan The Barbarian" - The Crom Solliloquy - "I ask one thing, grant me REVENGE! And if you don't, then to hell with you."

7. "They Were Expendable" - The Last Plane Out Scene - One plane left, they're all done, the japanese are closing in. Only 30 can go out, the rest face, certain death...

8. "The Battle of the Bulge" - The now deleted destroy Germany speech. - Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson are discussing what to do with Germany after the war. Bronson character is Polish American. He suggests that Germany be flattened, turned into a parking lot or cow pasture so that these bastards won't be able to ever start another world war.

9. "War and Peace" (USSR) - The Battle of Borodina - My god man, never have I seen a grander battle scene in the history of movie making. Unbelievable.

10. "It's a Wonderful Life" - The George Baily is saved speech. When all the friends gather round to save the career and life of a man who knows at last that "he who has friends is truly, truly rich."

Da Worfster

bobsticks
12-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Lotta good stuff mentioned so far (Dusty and I must have the same viewing habits). A couple of additions:
--the last scene inPlatoon with Barber's Adagio
--the scene in Deep Blue Sea in which Samuel L. Jackson is wrenched off the deck by the shark
--and certainly the diner scene in Heat with Pacino and DaNiro going back and forth

ForeverAutumn
12-04-2006, 08:37 AM
The Usual Suspects - The end when the cop realizes that Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze and you see Spacey walking away and slowly lose his limp.

Good call on the record playing scene from the Shawshank Redemption.

Smokey
12-04-2006, 02:24 PM
As it is evident from your selections, sometimes there is no relation between how good a movie is and favorite scenes from that movie.

And if anybody didn’t notice, five of Worf’s favorite scenes out of ten movies he mentioned were from military movies :D

Worf101
12-05-2006, 07:15 AM
As it is evident from your selections, sometimes there is no relation between how good a movie is and favorite scenes from that movie.

And if anybody didn’t notice, five of Worf’s favorite scenes out of ten movies he mentioned were from military movies :D
Before I joined the Klingon Defense Forces, I was a Sgt. in the Combat Engineers. 5th "Ash and Trash" at Ft. Leonard Wood, 8th Enginners 1/9th "Gary Owen" and the 2nd Engineers at Beautiful Camp Castle Korea. So I may be a greasy civilian now, but it wasn't always thus. Plus I grew up in that generation that watched B&W war movies all day, every day, plus "Combat", "Rat Patrol", "12 O'Clock High", "Hogan's Heroes" and "McHale's Navy".

Da Worfster

GMichael
12-05-2006, 07:57 AM
Gone with the Wind when.... Ahhh skip it.

Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark: The guy comes out spinning and flipping knives like a Martial Artist and the Indy blows him away with one shot. (didn't anyone ever tell him not to bring a knife to a gun fight?)

River in Serenity shortly after the scene Dusty mentioned. When the doors open and you see that she's killed ALL of the reefers and the blood drops from one blade.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges.

On top of the train in Polar Express. (all of it, but going over the hill and down like a roller coaster made me lift off of the couch)

The early scene in Cars where Speed jumps and bounces over all the wrecks. Love the tongue action.

Can I throw in a TV scene? In Seinfeld when the two strange guys stole the furniture from Kramer and Jerry confronts them on the street. "Are YOU talking to ME?!"

GMichael
12-05-2006, 07:58 AM
"Hogan's Heroes" and "McHale's Navy".

Da Worfster

Oh, the good ol' days.

Worf101
12-06-2006, 05:58 AM
River in Serenity shortly after the scene Dusty mentioned. When the doors open and you see that she's killed ALL of the reefers and the blood drops from one blade.

Psst hey G'Man, yur Freudian slip is showin'. They called "REAVERS" not "REEFERS". Reavers' kill and eat people alive, reefers make you mellow, giggly and hungry... or at least that's what I've been told..

Da Worfster :smilewinkgrin:

GMichael
12-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Psst hey G'Man, yur Freudian slip is showin'. They called "REAVERS" not "REEFERS". Reavers' kill and eat people alive, reefers make you mellow, giggly and hungry... or at least that's what I've been told..

Da Worfster :smilewinkgrin:

HEH HEH HEH, Thanks for being so... blunt?