Jar- Porky Tree comp from Fall '02 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jar- Porky Tree comp from Fall '02

Hyfi
12-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Mason,

Do you have a lineup of the Porcupine Tree comp that you put together in Fall of '02? If you or someone could post it, I would greatly apreciate it.

Still a killer comp!

Hyfi

Davey
12-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Not sure if Jar comes around anymore, but a quick search turned up this ...

anyone want a little Porcupine Tree comp? Masonjar
Nov 15, 2002 9:26 AM
ok, I made this for myself.. but I thought there might be a little interest, since this is a band that gets talked about a lot 'round here, and probably there are a few people who haven't heard them (yet).. it's fun and sounds great and I've listened to it 4 times since I burned it yesterday.. it's a little under an hour long so it's not going to overdose anyone, but hopefully will leave you wanting more... here's the contents and their sources:

01. Blackest Eyes (In Absentia Sampler/In Absentia)
02. Four Chords that Made a Million (7" Single/Lightbulb Sun)
03. Radioactive Toy (Demetrio's Prog Gems 2/On the Sunday of Life)
04. Access Denied (Troy's Spring '02/Recordings)
05. Shesmovedon (In Absentia Sampler/Lightbulb Sun)
06. Orchidia (Four Chords 7" b side)
07. Stars Die (Slosh Quick n' Dirty/Moonloop single)
08. Stranger by the Minute (In Absentia Sampler/Stupid Dream)
09. The Sky Moves Sideways (Troy's Son of Drive All Night/The Sky Moves Sideways)
10. Trains (In Absentia Sampler/In Absentia)
11. The Moon Touches Your Shoulder (Troy's Son of Drive All Night/The Sky Moves Sideways)

if anyone wants this lemme know.. Mr. Midfi is already on the list.. email me here: masonjar(at)n2net.net

later..

-jar

Hyfi
12-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Not sure if Jar comes around anymore, but a quick search turned up this ...

Thanks a bunch.

Mr MidFi
12-04-2006, 11:26 AM
That comp got more spins than any other single-artist comp I've ever received. It is a flat-out classic, and an incredibly good introduction to the band for beginners (as I was).

Jar, if you're out there lurking, thanks again.

3-LockBox
12-04-2006, 12:16 PM
my comp is better

Slosh
12-04-2006, 02:13 PM
my compost is betteragreed :D

3-LockBox
12-04-2006, 02:52 PM
agreed :D

:ciappa:

Hyfi
12-06-2006, 05:48 AM
my comp is better

Can't say I ever recieved one from you. I'd love to compare if any are still available.

-Jar-
12-12-2006, 06:32 PM
That comp got more spins than any other single-artist comp I've ever received. It is a flat-out classic, and an incredibly good introduction to the band for beginners (as I was).

Jar, if you're out there lurking, thanks again.

Hey there.. thanks for the kind words.

Simply put.. the girls are 3 and 7. I wish I had more time for comps and message boards.. maybe in about 10 years or so.. lol.

RADIO FREE BATAVIA still gets a lot of spins around here..

-jar

3-LockBox
12-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Can't say I ever recieved one from you. I'd love to compare if any are still available.

I never offered it up, thinking that everyone that would want one would already have the CDs and would prolly want to make one of their own anyway.

I'll have to look for it...mine is a two-CD comp and it stopped at Lightbulb Sun, so, it may not not be as comprehensive after all, but I did this comp much the same way I did my Pink Floyd comp from years ago (what with all the fades and segues and stuff).

I'll see if I still have one of those around. I also did a single disc comp of the more straight-forward tunes for a nephew of mine that did span the last 10 years ('96 to '06).

Come to think of it, I haven't made any comps since getting an MP3 player :eek6: