Rush - Replay (anyone here gots it?) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rush - Replay (anyone here gots it?)

3-LockBox
12-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I've seen a few vids over on Youtube that look pretty good

Can anyone attest to the sound quality?

ForeverAutumn
12-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Nope. But my Hubby's getting it for Christmas. Shhhhh. Don't tell him. :wink5:

GMichael
12-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Nope. But my Hubby's getting it for Christmas. Shhhhh. Don't tell him. :wink5:

I've asked before, and I'm asking again. Could you use a second Hubby?

N. Abstentia
12-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Who's this 'Rush' you speak of? Never heard of them :)

If you're a Rush fan, Replay is required owning. Having Grace Tour, Exit, and Hands on DVD is phenomenal. I have Grace and Hands on laserdisc and the DVD looks much better. So even if you have them on laser (and how many people do?) it's still worth getting. I only had Exit on an old VHS so having it on DVD super nice.

BUT the only thing missing is Through The Camera Eye...their video collection that came out in 1986 or so. Luckily I also have that on laser, it might not come out again, as this would have been the perfect opportunity for it. It's only 7-8 videos..they could have fit those in.

ForeverAutumn
12-01-2006, 02:07 PM
I've asked before, and I'm asking again. Could you use a second Hubby?

Send me a copy of your bank statement and an itemized inventory of your CD and DVD collections and we'll talk. ;)

GMichael
12-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Send me a copy of your bank statement and an itemized inventory of your CD and DVD collections and we'll talk. ;)

Are you saying that you could be bought? Remember the 4 stereos with in-the-wall wiring into both bathrooms?
Also, just bought wifey a bunch on accesories for her IPOD. I think she'll love the new Sennheisers.:ihih:

Woochifer
12-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Me gots it, and I will say that the sound quality is quite good.

The DVD set includes 48/16 PCM tracks and 5.1 DTS tracks encoded at the full 1.5k bitrate. The multichannel mixes are well done with most of the soundstage up front with some ambient and crowd noise backfilling the surrounds. Alex Lifeson supervised the multichannel mix, so you know that the remixing at the very least has his approval. (Rumor has it that all of their studio masters are currently being remixed for eventual SACD release) The sound quality on the Show of Hands DVD of the Hold Your Fire tour is the best of the three concert videos.

The set also includes a CD with the audio tracks from the Grace Under Pressure concert video. Kind of redundant, but it's a nice throw-in in case you want to rip any of the live tracks or just play it on the go thru a CD player. BTW, if you buy the set at Best Buy, the CDs included with those sets include four extra live tracks from the other concert videos. A sticker on the package will tell you if the box contains the extended version of the CD.

But, IMO the coolest bonus features included with this set are the miniature tour book reproductions from the Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure, and Hold Your Fire tours. Very nice for Rush fans who did not have a chance to check out the band on those tours.

Dave_G
12-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Ya I have it, it is excellent.

Rush is one of my favorite bands ever.

Bought my first Rush lp in 1974.

Struggling with Neils new book, it's kinda slow.

Dave

GMichael
12-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Ya I have it, it is excellent.

Rush is one of my favorite bands ever.

Bought my first Rush lp in 1974.

Struggling with Neils new book, it's kinda slow.

Dave

That's still one of my favorites. But I bought the 8-track. Didn't buy the LP till I wore that out (in 6 months).