New ...Trail of Dead disk? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New ...Trail of Dead disk?

ForeverAutumn
12-01-2006, 06:47 AM
I got an email from Amazon this morning (I'm beginning to love that site) to let me know that there's a new disk out by ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead called So Divided. Apparently it's North American release was about two weeks ago. Has anyone heard it yet?

Stone
12-19-2006, 07:25 AM
I have it. So far, I don't "get" it, although I've been trying. It's very different from their first three records (not sure about Worlds Apart), so if you're hoping for Source Tags and Codes II, you'll be greatly disappointed. It has some songs that are very Beatle-esque, and to me this album just doesn't have the power and intelligence of Madonna and Source Tags. It's really mostly straight forward pop, and hasn't really kept me coming back for more, other than to listen again because I keep think I'm missing something.

ForeverAutumn
12-19-2006, 12:40 PM
I picked it up shortly after posting this thread. I've only given it a couple of spins so far and need more time to get familiar with it before passing judgement. It's definately not Source Tags and Codes, but either was Worlds Apart. Worlds Apart was more Pop than Source Tags and, for that reason, took me a while to appreciate. But I did end up appreciating it. Not so sure about this one though. It's more like Worlds Apart, but not as good so far. Maybe with time I'll grow to enjoy it more.....or not.