Bose in-ear headset for IPOD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bose in-ear headset for IPOD

11-30-2006, 11:49 PM
If you like your MP3 and IPOD and are looking for a headset that produces premium sound listen up. Most people who hear the name Bose reference the name with audio excellence, at least I did. The headset that came with my Ipod nano broke so I went looking for another. I shopped at Circuity City and found these new Bose in-ear headsets with noise cancellation. I was somewhat sceptical of buying a headset for 100 dollars, but because they were Bose, thought it would be worth it.

Don't waist your money, the headsets that come with the Ipod sound better. The bose fails to deliver the crisp sound you would expect and the base sounds horrible. In addition to the sound they fall out of you ear when you run, regardless of the size buds you use. My reveiw might be different if they were 20 dollars, but sure not worth 100.

emorphien
12-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Most people who hear the name Bose reference the name with audio excellence
You may be surprised to find that most people with any experience and knowledge about audio products will not share that opinion.

I have and would recommend the Shure E2c in-ear monitors which typically run for around $100. I bought mine originally for $55 new almost two years ago but I can't find them that low anymore. Etymotics and Ultimate Ears are also similar and equally worth considering.

tony3d
12-01-2006, 04:34 AM
I have both the Etymotic ER-6 and The Uitimate Ears 5 pro. After a lot of careful listening I would suggest the ER-6.

Carl Reid
12-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Most people who hear the name Bose reference the name with audio excellence

As Emorph said, that's not quite true among high-end audio circles....

In fact, when I saw your post initially I thought this was gonna turn into a 15 page flame war.... well..... till I saw in the last part that you were dissapointed with the Bose headphones...

Back when I was active on this board about 4 years ago (Lost my old username cuz I've been gone so long ).... The thing I most remember is the absolute hatred for Bose products among audiophiles.... Just try reading the reviews for the Bose 901s in the review section of this site....

What Bose has is a massive amount of hype around the name, primarily among non-audiophiles... and a lot of hardcore audiophiles resent that...

I've taken the time to listen to a few Bose products to form my own oppinion... and though I wouldn't say that they were crap .... IMHO they were overhyped and not worth the money.....

So I guess the point I was getting at, is just be careful when making statements with Bose and Audio Excellence in the same sentence... :ciappa:

GMichael
12-01-2006, 09:03 AM
And the light comes on for yet another audio enthusiast.
Sorry that you had to learn the hard way.

Welcome to AR.

Rock789
12-01-2006, 09:33 AM
I've taken the time to listen to a few Bose products to form my own oppinion... and though I wouldn't say that they were crap .... IMHO they were overhyped and not worth the money.....

x2

I enjoy listening to different speakers... sometimes new speakers sound great, other times they don't sound as good or I find out the price and want to start laughing... bose seems to have the last 2 issues...
Bang & Olufsen have this same issue, only for $21k rather than $5k...

N. Abstentia
12-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Sounds like you've found out about Bose the hard way. This is very common.

"I'll buy Bose, Paul Harvey says they are great! Hey wait...these Bose sound like crap...I can do better with something that cost $29. Why all the hype?"

spasticteapot
12-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Sennheiser PMX100's are brilliant headphones - and cheap, too. Plus, they're foldable!

Welcome to the club.

audio_dude
12-05-2006, 04:29 PM
yeah, i spent almost an hour convincing a dad not to buy his son a bose iPod dock for christmas... oh well, i convinced him, and thats the important thing!

Rock789
12-05-2006, 07:41 PM
yeah, i spent almost an hour convincing a dad not to buy his son a bose iPod dock for christmas... oh well, i convinced him, and thats the important thing!
HIO!
:woot:

paul_pci
12-05-2006, 11:06 PM

What would happen if we made up and sold shirts reading "Friends don't let friends buy Bose"? How quickly would we get sued?

Rock789
12-06-2006, 05:58 AM
What would happen if we made up and sold shirts reading "Friends don't let friends buy Bose"? How quickly would we get sued?
I'll buy 10!!!

christmas presents for friends and family!!!!

Fritz
12-11-2006, 05:41 PM
"Friends don't let friends buy Bose"

I'll buy one as well. How much will they cost? I've done my share of explaining that Bose isn't the best. They do use some very interesting concepts, but their methods get too complicated. I recall one of their systems that had like 10' of tubing all wound up in a box to make a really long port for a 3" speaker. wtf? Never heard one, but its probably a single tone resonant bass at best from the really long port. I'll stick with JBL or EV or Shure or Sennheiser or Audio Technica or.........

Dusty Chalk
12-12-2006, 03:09 AM
Here ya go (http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=pprisekin%40yahoo.com&F=bosefrenz). According to the site, it will cost someone a little under $10 each for these, so throw in a couple extra bucks for reshipping and for the person's time, and we can probably call it a round $15. Minimum order 25, though.

Rock789
12-12-2006, 05:41 AM
thats awsome!

Rock789
12-12-2006, 05:47 AM
I emailed some friends to see how many want one...
Dusty, is that place local to you or would this be totally over the internet?

Dusty Chalk
12-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Totally over the Internet.

Fritz
12-27-2006, 09:17 PM
i reeeally would love to buy a couple of these....too bad that i'm trying to build a projector, and im a college student, so i pretty much collect pennies i see lying around....
ps. this could be the official audioreview t-shirt, its funny yet true - lol