anyone recommend any of these players? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anyone recommend any of these players?

dumbagain
11-30-2006, 07:22 PM
does anyone have any input on these players?

samsung yp-t9 (i am leaning towards this one)

creative labs zen v +

sandisk sansa e280r

these are the ones i am considering unless i go for the 30GB models.

thanks

emorphien
11-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I have to admit I skipped all those and went with the 4gb black iriver Clix and I just got it today. So far VERY nice, sound quality rivals (and maybe is better) my already excellent sounding iHP-120 from what I can tell so far. Added bonus of a radio tuner, and silly little flash games as well as video playback.

audio_dude
12-02-2006, 09:57 AM
the clix has gotten some GREAT reviews, but from what i've seen/used, the creative zen V + has the best sound, menu's and usuability of the bunch, you should try them out, if you like the size, then by all means get the creative, but if the CLIX appeals to you, get that instead...

happy shopping,

emorphien
12-02-2006, 10:06 AM
I played with the Zen V a bit, I didn't find the sound any different really and the menus on the Clix are pretty straightforward and easy to use. I really can't complain (but then again I have no trouble understanding most menus, even if somewhat complicated). There are quirks about both but from my reading the Clix bested the Zen V, not to mention if you want to watch any videos on it the bigger screen helps. I watched a movie yesterday while waiting on my car to be serviced and it was really not that bad even though it's 15fps.

I would prefer if the Clix were UMS and didn't require software to sync, but I don't have a big issue using Media Monkey to manage files and WMP to send videos to it. From owning a 20gb player which is UMS I know I'm not really missing the ability to transfer any kind of file to it for transport or storage, but it's a nice feature to have anyway. The charging is a pain because you can't use it when it's connected to a computer (you can transfer to it) but that's it. If you want to read more about it, look at misticriver. That's an iriver-centric forum but plenty of people own other things and most people there don't blindly recommend the clix (or any iriver player) to everyone.

Radio reception is incredibly good, so if you listen to the radio any it's a safe bet for that. I'm honestly surprised by how strong and clear it pulls in radio signals.

It's worth checking out, it certainly breaks the mold on how a small flash player should work and operate and it succeeds at using a unique interface well.

audio_dude
12-02-2006, 12:24 PM
yup, go with ether, both great players, happy hunting!

dumbagain
12-03-2006, 11:03 AM
decided to throw all out the window..
at first i didn't care about getting video but changed my mind

ordered the zen vision m for $200
i'll let you know how it works

audio_dude
12-03-2006, 01:30 PM
'aight then, what ever floats your boat, the vision m isn't bad ether, good luck!

emorphien
12-03-2006, 01:39 PM
A friend has that player and likes it quite well.

audio_dude
12-03-2006, 06:55 PM
the only thing i dislike about it that its think and bulky, and i really dislike the control system.

emorphien
12-03-2006, 06:58 PM
It's not svelt but I like the feel and heft, I personally find the thinness of the current iPods to be a bit too thin. I agree, I haven't been able to get used to the controls on it myself.

audio_dude
12-04-2006, 07:16 PM
yes, i tried the controls in-store a while back, it just didn't seem intuitive enough