Wii players, get your helmets ready! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wii players, get your helmets ready!

L.J.
11-30-2006, 07:14 AM
This popped up on my home page this morning and I had to share.

"Did Wii break your TV?
People aren't getting a grip on Nintendo's new system.

Picture this. You're lining up the perfect shot in Wii Bowling, remote in hand. You set up the shot, swing the remote with all the strength you can muster, and... follow through a little more than you intended.

Somehow the remote leaves your sweaty-palmed grip and bang, smash, there goes your TV, window, photo of your granny, anything that happens to be in the path of the newly liberated remote............"

http://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingfeature?eid=494785&page=0

Groundbeef
11-30-2006, 08:09 AM
No doubt some class action lawyer is getting his pencil sharpened. They will find some way to sue because the new Plasma is shattered. Just watch.

Geoffcin
11-30-2006, 08:41 AM
This popped up on my home page this morning and I had to share.

"Did Wii break your TV?
People aren't getting a grip on Nintendo's new system.

Picture this. You're lining up the perfect shot in Wii Bowling, remote in hand. You set up the shot, swing the remote with all the strength you can muster, and... follow through a little more than you intended.

Somehow the remote leaves your sweaty-palmed grip and bang, smash, there goes your TV, window, photo of your granny, anything that happens to be in the path of the newly liberated remote............"

http://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingfeature?eid=494785&page=0

Mu daughters boyfriend has already trashed his dad's 61" Samsung TV with a Wii controller. A little too much english on the bowling ball my thinks... $800 to replace the screen, yikes!

L.J.
11-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Ouch!! I may get one for my kid but they're gonna have to do something about that strap.

spasticteapot
12-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Heh. This is the big advantage of projectors - a wiimote will bounce off of a free-hanging screen.

Groundbeef
12-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Heh. This is the big advantage of projectors - a wiimote will bounce off of a free-hanging screen.

Or leave a whole in the drywall if your just projecting onto a white wall.