Finch is this your website? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Finch is this your website?

Jefferson
02-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Or maybe one you would have posted a link to for some reason?

http://www.scaab.bikeaddict.com/index.html

The reason I ask and the reason I even came across it, was I stumbled across a box of cd's in my closet and found a disc I had forgotten I owned. It's Who's Tommy Cooper by Reacharound. Anyway after giving it a spin to reaquaint myself with it I decided to do a Google search on it and one of the links I opened was the one above. Well as soon as it opened I knew I had seen it before and since you're a bike guy I figured it was yours.

Now about the album, it's not bad really, guitar driven bar band type stuff. It has some decent moments. Couldn't find any info on em really, AMG had very little on them. Oh well.

Anyone else have this one?

Finch Platte
02-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Or maybe one you would have posted a link to for some reason?

http://www.scaab.bikeaddict.com/index.html

The reason I ask and the reason I even came across it, was I stumbled across a box of cd's in my closet and found a disc I had forgotten I owned. It's Who's Tommy Cooper by Reacharound.

...if that disc is indicative of the discs you have in your closet, you need to drag 'em out more. That's one of my favorite discs (well, top 50). It's like you say, bar-bandish, but it's very up-tempo and there's some different stuff going on there, to these jaded ears.

If you want to see a single Google listing, search for the band The Bluchunks' Out Of The Mouths Of Babes, and see where that takes ya ;)

fp

Jefferson
02-10-2004, 06:44 AM
Well it took me right back to your site. Something tells me you knew it would. :rolleyes:

Anyway you're right about Who's Tommy Cooper theres some interesting stuff on that disc, but if AMG is to be believed this was their only release. I wonder what happened to them? I think this album shows them to have been proficient enough to deserve at least a second sudio effort. :confused: One thing I noticed last night about it is some of it almost sounds as if it were recorded live, but I don't think it was. Also while most of it is rather punky, which is why I bought it , there is also a strong influence by The Kinks going on here, which makes sense I guess since The Kinks influenced Punk as much as any single band. I think I'll just leave this in the rotation awhile.

So whats the deal with the Bluchunks ? Nice name by the way. :D That also reminds me of a band I read a review on in the 80's called Woofincookies , I think that was the spelling. I never got to hear anything by them but the name was funny enough. AMG doesn't have anything on them at all. I wonder if anyone here has ever heard them?

Finch Platte
02-10-2004, 07:25 AM
Well it took me right back to your site. Something tells me you knew it would. :rolleyes:

So whats the deal with the Bluchunks ? Nice name by the way. :D That also reminds me of a band I read a review on in the 80's called Woofincookies , I think that was the spelling. I never got to hear anything by them but the name was funny enough. AMG doesn't have anything on them at all. I wonder if anyone here has ever heard them?

I sent him a copy a while ago, and don't remember him saying much about it. Maybe he'll send you the one I sent him, if prodded.

He probably didn't want to offend me, since it's my favorite disc of alllll time.

fp