Jumetite Speakers ????? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jumetite Speakers ?????

BBC Jon
11-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Ive just be lucky enough to have been given a pair of Jumetite speakers, the build quality and sound is out of this world, but ive never heard or seen the likes of them before. They have down facing ribbon horn tops and sit on bass/mid corner units they stand at nearly six foot tall. All they have on them is Jumetite Labs Vancouver. Who ever built them pulled out all the stops but there is nothing on the net that puts any light as to their origins. Can anyone help please ?

revelman
12-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Hellio:

i was a system engineer for jumetite when this speaker was developed, 1980-1982. It uses a corregated ribbon alumimum foil.

Where did you grt it?

Mark

James009
04-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Hello, any information on re-foaming and/or replacing bass units for these speakers will help bring back a pair to life. Any information on these beauties will be much appreciated. Thank you.

mlowndes
05-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Hi, I can give you tons of info on the Jumetite speakers, They were developed in Vancouver, by a gentlemen by the name of Gilbert L Hobrough. This man was a genius!!. Prior to his passing away Gil had about 45 International Patents. The speakers you have, are fantastic. The R&D time spent on them was huge. Even the cabinet design itself is patented. Every aspect of these speakers were hand made, with the exception of the 10" woofers. The magnets were individually magnetized in house, the crossover coils were hand wound. The horn was cast by us, on and on. Enjoy them, for I truly believe they are a wonderful legacy. I had the pleasure of working with Gil for many years, and it is my believe that he contributed so much to this country, and indeed the world. I am for ever grateful for having met him.

any questions, just post
regards, Michael

TedH
07-06-2010, 04:48 PM
I can probably send you a data sheet on the Jumetite CR-610 and/or its similar CR-611 of which only two or three pairs were shipped.

basite
07-07-2010, 02:02 AM
all great guys, but this thread dates back to 2006...

I don't think the OP is going to respond :p

but, thanks nevertheless,
and welcome to AR :)

revelman
01-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi, I can give you tons of info on the Jumetite speakers, They were developed in Vancouver, by a gentlemen by the name of Gilbert L Hobrough. This man was a genius!!. Prior to his passing away Gil had about 45 International Patents. The speakers you have, are fantastic. The R&D time spent on them was huge. Even the cabinet design itself is patented. Every aspect of these speakers were hand made, with the exception of the 10" woofers. The magnets were individually magnetized in house, the crossover coils were hand wound. The horn was cast by us, on and on. Enjoy them, for I truly believe they are a wonderful legacy. I had the pleasure of working with Gil for many years, and it is my believe that he contributed so much to this country, and indeed the world. I am for ever grateful for having met him.

any questions, just post
regards, Michael

Heloo Mike:
we worked together at Jumetite. Mark Glazer

frenchmon
01-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Wow...strange thread.

mlowndes
10-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Mark, long time no hear. I am still in Vancouver, where are you nowadays? hope you are well.
regards, Michael