If you like old school rock, check this... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If you like old school rock, check this...

Dave_G
11-29-2006, 09:21 AM
site out.

I think it is killer.

Dave

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/

musicman1999
11-30-2006, 09:28 AM
fantastic,akready signed up and listening .Many thanks.

bill

3-LockBox
11-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Looks cool...I'll give it a test drive

Bought any new prog lately?

BradH
11-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Holy crap, that's the Bill Graham stuff they found. I wondered what they would do with it. Nice find Geezer! Looks like they'll be charging for downloads in the near future. I see a lot of stuff that has floated around for years as boots but we'll have to see if they improved the sound. If so, this could get real interesting because they bought that huge King Biscuit catalogue, that's where the Genesis '78 is from. Mine sounds good but I'm just thinking out loud here about remastered King Biscuit...that's Yes in '74 at Boston Garden on the Relayer tour with Gryphon recorded as well...Genesis in London '77 but that was the British Biscuit so it's really the BBC...don't expect that one...Gawd, they haven't even begun to scratch the surface of all this stuff. Shoulda know Bill would have that Who '68 at Fillmore East. That tape is in excellent condition. How the hell did he get the Gentle Giant '75 in a freaking radio station in L.A.? Shady character. Mine is taped from FM so that's an upgrade right there. Jeezus H., they're gonna string this out for years.

Tito, get me a tissue.

Slosh
11-30-2006, 01:37 PM
What's the audio format? MP3, FLAC, etc.?

BradH
11-30-2006, 02:41 PM
What's the audio format? MP3, FLAC, etc.?

They're only streaming right now w/ Adobe Flash plug-ins at different bit-rates so the one for dial-up is probably mp3 quality. I have a feeling downloadables may not happen that much with all the legal issues involved but they've got to make more $ on this somehow. This could be the big come on until the other shoe drops and the streams are no longer free. Who knows...

I could capture the analog off my soundcard as it streams but that's a crap way to do it.

Troy
11-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Listening to Genesis '78. Sounds like a bootleg.

If you had a mac you could use wiretap to snatch it as it plays. No loss in quality. And there's not that much sound quality anyway.

But really, you should be able to just download these, donchathink?

BradH
11-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Listening to Genesis '78. Sounds like a bootleg.

If you had a mac you could use wiretap to snatch it as it plays. No loss in quality. And there's not that much sound quality anyway.

But really, you should be able to just download these, donchathink?

Not without paying.

The Genesis '78 sounds like a bootleg because it's 70's King Biscuit which could never hold a candle to the BBC or Westwood One. It ain't Seconds Out but, hey, it's free. Or mine was. Regardless, it's a damned good performance. I'll take these live versions over And Then There Were Three anyday.

You realize you're judging this thing by your computer speakers, y'know.

Slosh
11-30-2006, 03:28 PM
I didn't even check the site but if they're only streams then they're lossy, obviously. I thought perhaps there were shows to d/l as well. Oh well, plenty of other sites out there that let you d/l lossless shows.

Troy
11-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Actually I'm running my computer sound thru a big old Kenwood rcvr and some nice, biggish bookshelf spks.

BradH
11-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Actually I'm running my computer sound thru a big old Kenwood rcvr and some nice, biggish bookshelf spks.

Cool. But now you're getting the full suction of streaming audio. That's why I'm waiting to see what they come up with on the downloads. Probably $16.99 per full audio disc and they will make their way into the trading circles anyway.

'Cause nobody's gonna stop calling these things bootlegs no matter what these people pay ASCAP.