Please tell me this is a joke. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me this is a joke.

N. Abstentia
11-27-2006, 05:15 PM
MPAA Wants to regulate home theaters:
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2006/11/home-theater-regulations.html

I almost thought it was for real until I read this:

"The bill would require that any hardware manufactured in the future contain technology that tells the MPAA directly of what is being shown and specific details on the audience. The data would be gathered using various motion sensors and biometric technology."

:)

RoyY51
11-27-2006, 05:56 PM
It's a joke...for now...

Dusty Chalk
11-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I think so. This one (http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/03/mpaa_piracy.html), however, appears to be completely accurate, albeit old news (the occasional exception such as Lucky Number Slevin notwithstanding).

JoeE SP9
11-27-2006, 07:00 PM
This is what happens when lawyers run businesses. Buy all the vinyl, DVD's and RBCD's while you can. Big brother is lurking in the wings. He is being pushed to center stage by members of the ABA who actually run the MPAA!:incazzato:

spasticteapot
11-27-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm a fan of AAC, FLAC, and even Mp3.

I've actually downloaded a large amount of music...from "garage" bands who gave it away for free.

That, and the day they mess with my DIY amplifier or projector is the day they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

KaiWinters
11-28-2006, 03:22 AM
Well we vote in the people that make the laws or approve the people that sit on the "bench" and allow/tolerate such things.
We have the power to make changes but generally do not care leaving the power in the hands of the self-righteous minority that are only trying to make life better and more fair for "everyone".

GMichael
11-28-2006, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I think so. This one (http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/03/mpaa_piracy.html), however, appears to be completely accurate, albeit old news (the occasional exception such as Lucky Number Slevin notwithstanding).

Didn't this go into affect a few years back?

basite
11-28-2006, 07:28 AM
they're all jokes, for now, once there will be a time that they do stuff like that, and if that ever happens, i'll get myself the biggest, loudest and best home theatre in the world just to annoy them :)

nah, but i guess, based on the evoluations of circumstances, the government would actually be happy to do those things (well, maybe not with advanced motion sensors and crap, but, i guess they will find a way) for a couple of reasons: they make big money out of it (earned by the endless bills, because the dog ran in front of the sensor, and therefore he might have been watching the movie) (and all the other reasons also have to do with making money)

but for the moment, don't mind it, just let them...

what i am afraid for, is for the pc users among us, because they will be easy to check.

but,
Who cares?

Keep em spinning,
Basite.

basite
11-28-2006, 07:29 AM
btw, home theatre, Gmichael, How are yours coming along?

Peace,
Basite.

GMichael
11-28-2006, 10:11 AM
btw, home theatre, Gmichael, How are yours coming along?

Peace,
Basite.

Very well thank you. Both are up and running. The only problem has been that I seem to stay up later than ever now. I watch shows that I never watched before because I can't get over how good they look & sound. And then I have to listen to music for an hour or two before I go to sleep. It's all very exhausting.

basite
11-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Very well thank you. Both are up and running. The only problem has been that I seem to stay up later than ever now. I watch shows that I never watched before because I can't get over how good they look & sound. And then I have to listen to music for an hour or two before I go to sleep. It's all very exhausting.

I know what you're talking about, I have the same "problem", only thing is that i'm getting out of unplayed cd's and records, gotta extend my collection
anyways, can we see pics of the setups?

Greetings,
Basite.

GMichael
11-28-2006, 11:58 AM
I know what you're talking about, I have the same "problem", only thing is that i'm getting out of unplayed cd's and records, gotta extend my collection
anyways, can we see pics of the setups?

Greetings,
Basite.

Someday, sure. I took pics a couple weeks ago at LJ's request. But I missplaced my USB cable for the camera. Must be in an unlabled box somewhere.

Dusty Chalk
11-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Didn't this go into affect a few years back?Yes, I was just thinking about it, and somewhere before 1998/1999 (made obvious by the frame-by-frame remake of Psycho and Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace) was when it must have been implemented.

I might have to start another thread.