Center suggestions for Sound Dynamics 300ti fronts [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Center suggestions for Sound Dynamics 300ti fronts

jacobmj
11-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Hi folks.
I've spent considerable time searching for a suitable center speaker to match my Sound Dynamics 300ti fronts. Currently, I have an Athena AS-C2.1, but it is of noticeably different timbre, particularly with classical violin music. The issue is somewhat less pronounced when using the roomEQ features of my receiver, a Denon 985S, though this is not ideal. I very much like the 300ti sound for music and movies and would like to match it as closely as possible.

So, can anyone suggest a center speaker?

-Jacob

kexodusc
11-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Sound Dynamics made some center channels - I really miss that brand, underrated and much better than Athena (which basically replaced it). Could try ebay and audiogon for them, or another 300ti. Otherwise it's a shot in the dark. PSB and Paradigm offered "similar" voicings IMO, but they won't be bang on.

jacobmj
11-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. I do like the sound of most paradigms myself, though I have yet to compare side-by-side. Recently I have become curious about the Axiom centers. Can you say anything about them?

-Jacob