Joel Plaskett Emergency [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Joel Plaskett Emergency

ForeverAutumn
11-25-2006, 01:26 PM
We're heading downtown tonight to watch the Christmas lights be turned on at City Hall and check out a live set from this cool band from Nova Scotia. I've only heard the tracks on their web site so far, but I like what I hear...nice alt-rock and singer/songwriter stuff.

Check them out for yourselves...http://www.joelplaskett.com/. I think that this will appeal to many folks here.

ForeverAutumn
11-26-2006, 08:39 AM
These guys did a short set last night of only three songs, but they rocked! They were the first of four bands and were, IMHO, the best of the bunch. If any of my fellow Canadians have heard the song with the tag line "I'm going nowhere with you" on the Zellers commercial...that is the Joel Plaskett Emergency. I didn't know that until I saw them last night. I'm definately placing an order for a couple of their CDs.

kexodusc
11-26-2006, 10:23 AM
For some reason, they were headlining one of the tents at the local Blues and Jazz fest back in September - not really Jazz or Blues, but they were very popular with the intoxicated crowd.
They put on a really good live show and aren't afraid to have fun with it. That goes a long way in my books. Too many borbidly serious acts these days.