LFE screw up [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : LFE screw up

audio amateur
11-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Hello folks,
I have a technics SA-DX 750 receiver back home and would like to enjoy a few movies during christmas break. I've had it for 5 years now, but recently the LFE jack has come loose, and the connection (LFE jack to receiver ciruitry) is so bad now that is doesn't work anymore:(
I took it (the receiver) somewhat apart but I don't beleive I can do much about it.

I am wondering what the best way is to connect my sub when playing a movie (dolby digital). I recall using an RCA-to-jack cable and using the headphone out as a dedicated LFE pre, but I think most of the very low frequencies are filter when doing this. I could use the 'high level in' on my sub amp, but here again, even in large setting for main speakers I believe most of the lower frequencies are also filtered, which defeats the purpose, and is what is pushing me to ask this.
Any suggestions very much so appreciated:)

jrhymeammo
11-25-2006, 12:33 PM
I would use the pre-out from your front L&R, but all the bass info from other channels would be lost. That sucks man. My sub's RCA inputs went out kinda like yours.

audio amateur
11-25-2006, 12:49 PM
L&R pre-outs? It doesn't have any pre-outs... (at all):(
The only 'extra' it does have is a tape monitor thing.
I think i'm kinda stuck...:s

jrhymeammo
11-25-2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.avland.co.uk/technics/sadx750/rear.jpg

If this is what you have, then what about the L+R outputs just under VRC videos?

JRA

audio amateur
11-25-2006, 01:10 PM
oh sh**, those are really pre-outs?? I thought they were just regular line outs...
I'll check it out in a few weeks time, as I am not at home at the moment. Thanks for the effort!!;)
I'll keep you up on it (if I remember) haha:)

If anybody thinks I am wrong about something in the first post please tell me. More suggestions always welcome.