Blue Man Group [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blue Man Group

Troy
02-09-2004, 12:55 PM
JC sent me a copy of a Blue Man Group, "The Complex" a while back and I have played the crap out of it for the last day or so. I totally dig this thing Jim. Especially the really strange covers of "White Rabbit" and "I Feel Love". I also really dig the mutant western tinged tracks, especially the hidden one at the end. Is there more similar stuff by these guys?

Thanks dood!

Dusty Chalk
02-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Yes, they have a previous all-instrumental album with similar mutant western tinged tracks heavy on the percussion, entitled Audio.

Jim Clark
02-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Just goes to show that you just never know. Actually this is almost proggy in parts and of course features wackey percussion so it isn't really that much of a stretch to envision you liking this album.

The first one however, at least to me has more of a 'techno' flavor to it so I don't know if you'd like it as much. I tried to bust it out and give it a spin this afternoon but I can't find the bleepin' thing. I just hate it when that happens. Actually Audio is a disc I downloaded a trial version first before buying. Naturally I know where the MP3 version is...this sucks.

jc

Dave_G
02-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Supposedly live this group is killer.

Dave

Dusty Chalk
02-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Supposedly live this group is killer.

DaveYes, they are. One of the few groups I saw last year.

Dusty Chalk
02-10-2004, 01:12 PM
I should mention a few other things:

There's almost two separate "Blue Man Group" things going on. There's the rock group, with the two albums, a couple singles, and a DVD of the concert I went to. Lots of drummers on stage, excellent visual show. Hearing them do "Crazy Train" is...disturbing. At least rent the DVD. I will own it at some point, only because that was one of the few shows I went to last year, as memorabilia. I think you can find the live version of "I Feel Love" on launch.com.

They also have an off Broadway sort of thing, which I haven't seen. I've heard that one's a pretty good show, too, and they do lots of covers, in addition to more entertaining stuff.

Check out their web site (http://www.blueman.com/) for more information.

Troy
02-10-2004, 02:08 PM
I just added that cool sounding DVD to my netflix queue. Thanks for all the recs.