do you always catch the goof-ups? what's your favorite? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : do you always catch the goof-ups? what's your favorite?

dean_martin
11-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Not long ago, I watched a little of Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure on a channel that included some trivia during breaks. In one trivia segment they showed part of a film crew member's body caught in a scene. I never noticed it before. I've read about goofs in other movies that I missed the first time I saw them. Then I'd watch'em again and wonder how I missed the goof the first time.

Well, I caught one the other night on first viewing. I picked up The Evil Dead and a couple of other fright flicks for Halloween. Prior to buying it I was certainly aware of the movie but had never seen it. At the beginning of the film when the group reaches the bridge and begins to cross you can briefly see someone just off the bridge in the grass. I expect some inconsistencies in a movie like The Evil Dead, but nothing else caught my attention or distracted me (except for that damn moon), but I stopped the dvd to go back and get a better look at the dude beside the bridge.

Do you have an all-time favorite film goof? Do you think the goofs are easier to catch now on dvd? I wondered whether it was as obvious on vhs that the moon in ED was projected.

icarus
11-22-2006, 07:45 PM
I hardly ever catch movie mistakes but my friend loves finding them and he always has to share them with me, of all the movies of watch i think troy has the most mistakes in it, from showing crew and equipment to having the arrows flop around on Ajax's sheild, and then completely dissapear when he pulls the arrow out of his leg.

PeruvianSkies
11-23-2006, 09:27 PM
How about huge plot holes....

Like WATERWORLD. If the polar icecaps actually were able to fully melt and the entire world was water...then the water would be diluted enough to drink the water. Also, there are many other bizarre and obvious problems with the film including how they made gunpowder, why paper was rare yet they used it for cigarettes, etc etc etc. A movie that should NEVER have been made.

In the movie HALLOWEEN there is a scene early on where it gets dark within 2 seconds during a car ride.

The entire movie MINORITY REPORT is one big goof and mess of a movie! Technology is Sooooo advanced yet they are so retarded that they mistake a billboard for a person? Derrrr.

It's also entertaining when there are cars on the streets that haven't even been invented during the time that the film is suppose to be set in.

Every fight scene in THE MATRIX where a gun is being used is completey impossible as every gun fired is shot many times past the amount of rounds that the particular gun being used can carry in its clip.

Nearly the entire movie RUDY is made up of anachronisms mostly comprised of errors in things of that time period of the film ranging from vehicles being shown, girls at his school which wouldn't have been allowed until the 1990's since it was a Catholic school, the fact that you could have unlimited players on your roster for home games, but not on the road during the scene where he is not allowed to dress, and plenty of surrounding shots showing things that were not even around yet during the time period that the film is set in.

In the GODFATHER there are a few interesting ones too, like the 50 star US flag shown during 1947.

Another favorite is the entire mistake made during the film FIGHT CLUB when Tyler is inserting bad movies into family movies, this entire process is wrong because if he inserted 1 frame it wouldn't even be seen to the human eye let alone heard at 1/24fps.

icarus
11-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Heres a link to some pics of mistakes

http://ebaumsworld.com/tags/movie-mistakes/

eisforelectronic
11-25-2006, 11:11 AM
I always liked the stomtrooper hitting his head on the door in the original Star Wars.

jrhymeammo
11-25-2006, 11:21 AM
a lil' followup on Peru's post.

How about Samurai movies.. they always use the same sword to slash 500 warriors. I wonder what kinda forging process people used back in the day....

Ahhh who cares, I loved Zatoichi.

JRA

PeruvianSkies
11-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Everyone can make mistakes...sure, but I think it's insane that movies costing millions of dollars can mess up errors that are obvious. How can they make some of the mistakes that they do after spending thousands of hours making a movie? If anyone should catch the mistakes it should be the people making the movies, but if we viewers are catching mistakes after 1 viewing of a film than something just isn't right. I don't mind mistakes that are a suspension of disbelief like a sword chopping hundreds of bodies, but mistakes in geography, anachronisms, factual errors, etc are the ones that are really bad and even moreso are the ones where you see a car in the distance of a movie set prior to 1900's. Those are inexcusable!

Dusty Chalk
11-27-2006, 02:50 AM
I think in Body Double, there's a mirror in a door that clearly shows the cameraman for a split second.

But my favourite will always be the stormtrooper hitting his head. The first time I saw that (after seeing the movie countless times) was on a 2-story high screen (first time in the theater, during its second run). Kind of hard to miss.