Favorite Chili Pepper CD? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Chili Pepper CD?

Number9
02-09-2004, 11:58 AM
IMO, "Californication." I must have played it 1000 times & I'm still not tired of it. If it were an LP it would have worn out a long time ago. Thank you, Michael

Stone
02-09-2004, 01:07 PM
IMO, "Californication." I must have played it 1000 times & I'm still not tired of it. If it were an LP it would have worn out a long time ago. Thank you, Michael

Uplift Mofo Party Plan

They were just hitting their stride when Hillel died.

MindGoneHaywire
02-09-2004, 04:49 PM
I'd have to go with Blood Sugar Sex Magik. The CP were a band that started with an album I didn't like much at all. I thought they got better album after album, with Blood Sugar being the high point. By the time One Hot Minute came out, it seemed to me like their minute had kinda passed. I have Californication, but haven't listened to it in awhile. I just got kinda saturated with their kinda thing by the time of Blood Sugar & everything after that just kinda sounded a bit tired. But I'll have to give it another listen.

JDaniel
02-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm partial to FP's RHCP comp (seeing as how it's the only one I own). It is a very good, very comprehensive double comp spanning their career. No, really, Finch made a killer comp. I swear. Scout's Honor.

JD

MindGoneHaywire
02-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Is 'Show Me Your Soul' on it?

JDaniel
02-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Is 'Show Me Your Soul' on it?

No, but it's a most comprehensive compilation. Not being very familiar with the band, I was surprised at a couple of things. One, the lyrics are pretty complex at times - very alluring to listen to the "song within the song". Also, I was surprised by the funk sound of many of the songs, with the bass rythym flowing along nicely. Third, these guys play with lots of emotion. Very tight band. Not every song is my cuppatea, but there's some dang fine tunes on here.

Here's the tracklist (damn this is a lot of typing - wish I had a scanner):

Side One:
Out in LA
Police Helicopter
Mommy Where's Daddy
True Men Don't Kill Coyotes
If You Want Me To Stay
Nevermind
Catholic School Girls Rule
30 Dirty Birds
Yertle The Turtle
Subterranean Homesick Blues
Special Secret Song Inside
Behind the Sun
Fight Like A Brave
Backwoods
No Chump Love Sucker
Higher Ground
Knock Me Down
Taste The Pain
Pretty Little Ditty
Fire
Punk Rock Classic
Breaking The Girl
If You Have To Ask
The Power of Equality
Give It Away

Side 2:
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
I Could Have Lied
Under The Bridge
Suck My Kiss
My Lovely Man
Tearjerker
Walkabout
Aeroplane
Coffeeshop
I Like Dirt
Parallel Universe
Scartissue
Otherside
Californication
Get On Top
Millionaires Against Hunger
Castles (live)
Search & Destroy
Give It Away (12" mix)

Whew. :(

JD

nobody
02-11-2004, 07:11 AM
I could really use one of those comps. What do I have to do to have one show up at my house?

skewiff
02-11-2004, 02:35 PM
I think it's been deleted, I've not been able to get a hold of one.
Tony

JDaniel
02-11-2004, 03:33 PM
I could really use one of those comps. What do I have to do to have one show up at my house?

The easiest way is to send me $25, and send FP a reqest for one. :D

If for some reason FP made this a limited, signed-edition only production run (and hey, mine came with a RHCP refrigerator magnet), let me know and I'll help you out. Yuze tuze Tony.

JD

nobody
02-12-2004, 05:13 AM
Take a post-dated check, right?

No, don't have ID with me.

You can trust me. It's good.