New Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Speakers

jeffrodesiac
02-09-2004, 10:34 AM
so i decided to go with the Fluance AV-HTB and getting the bipolar surrounds, only going by the reviews but i think they are worth the risk

Sealed
02-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Fluance remind me of a Canadian KLH. They are very inexpensive, but I have not seen any real reviews. The "reviews" are by supposed consumers, which could be faked. I am not saying they are, but it's hard to expect a silk purse from a sow's ear.

You may want to look toward something like Axiom, who have had a number of good professional reviews and measurements. Axiom are a touch more, but I'd bet they are better in most reguards than Fluance.

I have not heard either, but, just examining both as a disinterested 3rd party, I just don't trust fluance for some odd reason. :confused:

When you get them, please do post comment on the sound.

Xab
04-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Well to say "a touch more" isn't exactly accurate when comparing the price of Axiom to Fluance, the cheapest Axiom home theater set is over $1,100, and that doesn't include any floor standing speakers.

jeffrodesiac
04-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Well to say "a touch more" isn't exactly accurate when comparing the price of Axiom to Fluance, the cheapest Axiom home theater set is over $1,100, and that doesn't include any floor standing speakers. Well i have had them for well over amonth and lemme tell you they r soo choice the reviews r true i even spent an extra $25.00 do make em biampable and i got spikes for the towers JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Canadian KLH MY ASS!!, u shouldnt talk bad about something you have never heard