PDA

View Full Version : Best Radiohead CD?

Number9
02-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Kid A, Hail to the thief,or something else? Thanks, Michael

Jefferson
02-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Kid A, Hail to the thief,or something else? Thanks, Michael

IMHO Radioheads albums fall out like this........

1) The Bends

2) OK Computer

3) Pablo Honey

4) Hail to the thief

5) KID A

6) Amnesiac

mad rhetorik
02-09-2004, 11:32 AM
<b>OK Computer</b> is the #1 Radiohead release, followed <i>very</i> closely by <b>The Bends</b>. The rest of the Radiohead albums aren't essential, but I'd recommend them in this order:

3. <b>Hail To The Thief</b>

4. <b>Kid Eh</b>

5. <b>Amnesiac</b>

6. <b>Pablo Honey</b>

Number9
02-09-2004, 11:44 AM
I did'nt have alot of time when I posted my question. Due to budget constraints I can only purchase one CD at the present time. Thanks again, Michael

Jefferson
02-09-2004, 11:51 AM
<b>OK Computer</b> is the #1 Radiohead release, followed <i>very</i> closely by <b>The Bends</b>. The rest of the Radiohead albums aren't essential, but I'd recommend them in this order:

3. <b>Hail To The Thief</b>

4. <b>Kid Eh</b>

5. <b>Amnesiac</b>

6. <b>Pablo Honey</b>

Why would you recomend Amnesiac over Pablo Honey ?

Personally I think Pablo Honey beats out both Amnesiac & KID A on the strengths of the songs Creep and Stop Whispering alone.

mad rhetorik
02-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Why would you recomend Amnesiac over Pablo Honey ?

Personally I think Pablo Honey beats out both Amnesiac & KID A on the strengths of the songs Creep and Stop Whispering alone.

<b>Amnesiac</b> is generally more interesting. While not easily accessible, it's pretty underrated. <b>Pablo Honey</b> is for the most part a rather generic post-grunge record, with the exception of maybe three tracks: "Blow Out," "Anybody Can Play Guitar," and "Creep."

Jefferson
02-09-2004, 12:08 PM
<b>Amnesiac</b> is generally more interesting. While not easily accessible, it's pretty underrated. <b>Pablo Honey</b> is for the most part a rather generic post-grunge record, with the exception of maybe three tracks: "Blow Out," "Anybody Can Play Guitar," and "Creep."

I don't mind admitting that to my ears KID A and Amnesiac are nothing but droning, meaningless noise. But other than that........

;)

Mr MidFi
02-09-2004, 12:40 PM
One more vote for <i>The Bends</i> here. Although the high points on <i>OK Computer</i> are as great as anything recorded in the 90s.

Stone
02-09-2004, 01:03 PM
IMHO Radioheads albums fall out like this........

1) The Bends

2) OK Computer

3) Pablo Honey

4) Hail to the thief

5) KID A

6) Amnesiac

I don't mind admitting that to my ears KID A and Amnesiac are nothing but droning, meaningless noise. But other than that........

You and I will get along just fine. Your list is like mine exactly, but I haven't heard Hail to the Thief (after hearing the stinking piles of overrated MUZAK that are Kid A and Amnesiac I decided my money was better spent on something else).

Jefferson
02-09-2004, 01:23 PM
One more vote for <i>The Bends</i> here. Although the high points on <i>OK Computer</i> are as great as anything recorded in the 90s.

Yep, their both very impressive, I can't think of anything from the 90's I like more.

Jefferson
02-09-2004, 01:26 PM
You and I will get along just fine. Your list is like mine exactly, but I haven't heard Hail to the Thief (after hearing the stinking piles of overrated MUZAK that are Kid A and Amnesiac I decided my money was better spent on something else).

"MUZAK" now thats funny,but only cause I agree.

Once I have your mailing address Stone I'll share a copy of Hail to the thief with ya , you've seen how I rate it but it does have some decent moments.