Off Topic - Go Blue!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic - Go Blue!!

Duds
11-16-2006, 09:42 AM
I really hope Michigan stomps Ohio State on Saturday.

One thing i dont understand is how Notre Lame can still be mentioned as a possible team playing for the national championship. For that to happen it seems as though Michigan would have to lose and then drop behind Notre Lame in the polls. How can that possibly happen? Michigan went to Notre Lame and opened a can of whoop a$$ on them. And who the heck has Notre Lame played this year? a horrible Michigan St team, an overrated Georgia Tech team, a winless (at the time) Stanford team, Navy, Army, Air Force (who's next the Coast Guard academy??) a weak North Carolina team. Gimme a friggin break, Notre Lame is so overrated it isnt even funny!!! It makes me sick how they get treated by the BCS just because of who they are.

Anyway, just wanted to say GO BLUE!!!

MindGoneHaywire
11-16-2006, 02:08 PM
All I have to say is...Go Buckeyes!

Swish
11-16-2006, 03:46 PM

One thing i dont understand is how Notre Lame can still be mentioned as a possible team playing for the national championship. For that to happen it seems as though Michigan would have to lose and then drop behind Notre Lame in the polls. How can that possibly happen? Michigan went to Notre Lame and opened a can of whoop a$$ on them. And who the heck has Notre Lame played this year? a horrible Michigan St team, an overrated Georgia Tech team, a winless (at the time) Stanford team, Navy, Army, Air Force (who's next the Coast Guard academy??) a weak North Carolina team. Gimme a friggin break, Notre Lame is so overrated it isnt even funny!!! It makes me sick how they get treated by the BCS just because of who they are.

Anyway, just wanted to say GO BLUE!!!

...come from behind by something like 16 points in the 4th quarter to beat Michigan State, a team that is what, 3-7 and with one of the worst defenses in Division 1? They also had that miracle finish at UCLA and will probaby lose to USC in their last game on the 25th after taking on that tough (cough, cough) Army team. Michigan did stomp the crap out of them, but I think they'll win this one, going down in defeat for the 3rd year in a row to OSU, and I'm no Buckeyes fan either. Home dirt is important and OSU has their number.

Swish

3-LockBox
11-16-2006, 07:17 PM
GO
BLUE!

Duds
11-17-2006, 05:27 AM
I hope you are wrong with your prediction. Michigan's defense is NASTY!!!! I think we can shut them down this year, in my opinion that game comes down to how well Chad Henne plays.

Go Blue!

...come from behind by something like 16 points in the 4th quarter to beat Michigan State, a team that is what, 3-7 and with one of the worst defenses in Division 1? They also had that miracle finish at UCLA and will probaby lose to USC in their last game on the 25th after taking on that tough (cough, cough) Army team. Michigan did stomp the crap out of them, but I think they'll win this one, going down in defeat for the 3rd year in a row to OSU, and I'm no Buckeyes fan either. Home dirt is important and OSU has their number.

Swish

Ex Lion Tamer
11-17-2006, 06:03 AM

One thing i dont understand is how Notre Lame can still be mentioned as a possible team playing for the national championship.

What if Michigan beats OSU by 20 and Notre Dame wins out, then a case could be made for a Notre Dame - Michigan title game.

Mr MidFi
11-17-2006, 06:48 AM
I don't have a dawg in this race at all. But I have to say that it is almost impossible to over-hype this game, and I'm really hoping for an all-time classic.

The greatest rivalry in college football, bar none.
Tons and tons of history.
A clear-cut #1 vs. a clear-cut #2, both undefeated.
Conference championship AND national title game on the line.
Heisman trophy probably on the line, too.
Unstoppable offense vs. overwhelming defense.
Big-time players on both sides, making big plays (hopefully).

The media (especially here in the midwest) have been talking this game up for about 8 weeks. Now it's time to get it on. I'm secretly pulling for a Michigan upset...but business is business. I'm laying the points and taking the Bucks at home.

3-LockBox
11-17-2006, 07:31 AM
The greatest rivalry in college football, bar none.
A clear-cut #1 vs. a clear-cut #2, both undefeated.
Conference championship AND national title game on the line.
Heisman trophy probably on the line, too.
Unstoppable offense vs. overwhelming defense.
Big-time players on both sides, making big plays (hopefully).

All true...

Hard to believe, but in over a century of playing one another in football, this will be the first time they play each other both ranked #1 & #2. Just crown the winner of this game 'champion' as far as I'm concerned. Columbus is gonna be nuts this Saturday.

Duds
11-17-2006, 07:47 AM
why would Ohio State fall behind Notre Lame in that scenario? Michigan was ranked #15 and Notre Lame was #2 when they played. And just because Notre Lame lost early in the year shouldnt propel them over a team that loses their first game of the year at the very end of the season.

What if Michigan beats OSU by 20 and Notre Dame wins out, then a case could be made for a Notre Dame - Michigan title game.

DariusNYC
11-17-2006, 09:57 AM
May the best team win.

(Unless Michigan is not the best team; in which case, may Michigan win nonetheless.)

-DariusNYC (U of Mich Class of '94)

DariusNYC
11-17-2006, 10:05 AM
I just found out that former Michigan football coach Bo Schembechler died today. Here's the story in the Detroit Free Press online: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061117/NEWS99/61117011.

R.I.P., Bo.

Duds
11-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah terrible news. I told my one co-worker who is supposedly a Wolverine fan, and he said "who?" he had no idea who he was, how pathetic.

I wonder how the teams reacts to this.

Darius, I am very jealous you are a Michigan alum!!!

I just found out that former Michigan football coach Bo Schembechler died today. Here's the story in the Detroit Free Press online: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061117/NEWS99/61117011.

R.I.P., Bo.

3-LockBox
11-17-2006, 05:31 PM
May the best team win.

(Unless Michigan is not the best team; in which case, may Michigan win nonetheless.)

-DariusNYC (U of Mich Class of '94)

I knew there was something I liked about you;)

and that's a shame Bo won't see what could possibly be Michigan's biggest win ever...hopefully this will rally the team and spur them on to victory.

R.I.P. Bo (tell Woody he's still a pecker)

MindGoneHaywire
11-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Rest in peace, Mr. S. Classy coach.

As if anything were needed to add to the intrigue of this game...I told my wife that in all of sports it's right up there, neck-and-neck with Yankees-Red Sox as the ultimate sports rivalry in this country. At one time I think there was a little more mystique in rivalries like USC-UCLA, Penn St.-Pitt, Georgia-GA Tech, Texas-Texas A&M, et al, you get the idea. This game seems to have surpassed any & all of those over the years, which probably has something to do with the realignment of conferences & the divisions in the SEC. Not to mention the Rose Bowl not remaining a pure Big-10/Pac-10 matchup every year.

Go Buckeyes!