Can you read this? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can you read this?

jrhymeammo
11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
This is weird, but interesting!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Now I didnt type this. Whoever wrote it broke the rule several times.

ForeverAutumn
11-14-2006, 05:43 AM
Don't you mean... Tihs is wreid but itreesnitng? :)

noddin0ff
11-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Cool. Do you hvae the lnik for the rscheearch?

edit: link with interesting
discussion and more languages... (http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~mattd/Cmabrigde/)

and a Snopes link questioning whether there ever really was an original scientific study as suggested (http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/cambridge.asp).

basite
11-14-2006, 07:31 AM
i once seen a dutch version of that, i guess i'm one of the 55 people who can read this without problems,
i speak dutch and i can even read this without problems.

hpapy rdiaeng to yuo all

pceae,
Basite.

Resident Loser
11-14-2006, 07:34 AM
...confused spelling accuracy with the mind's ability to interpret, interpolate and extract words from seemingly gibberish-like combinations of letters...

Make note that all the correct letters are there, they are just not in the correct sequence...Like digital players, we have our own CIRC circuits...we can reconstruct a cohesive signal only if all the correct data are present...

jimHJJ(...otherwise we get dropouts...)

BTW: this is old news

JoeE SP9
11-14-2006, 12:13 PM
That was supposed to be difficult to read?:ihih:

audio_dude
11-17-2006, 11:53 AM
wait, you guys are missing one important thing too... the first and last letters of the word have to me in the right order, or it won't work... and yes, all the letters have to be there

jrhymeammo
11-18-2006, 05:10 PM
What are these word?

aesqoduiut

tklueeufnn

agraandtave

-JRA