TERK FM Pro Antenna [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TERK FM Pro Antenna

audiocoyote
11-13-2006, 02:19 PM
I bought this monster to use with my Sumo Charlie Tuner and it is really bad. I should hook it up to my marantz to see if something happened to the tuner. But it really doesn't make much of a difference, even though it is plugged in. If I put my hand on the antenna it helps, but I can't keep my hand up that long. my arm gets tired. Any thoughts? The sumo is relatively new, and I bought it used. so possibly something wrong with it. thanks.

Audiocoyote@xemaps.com

Smokey
11-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Your scenario demonstrate that simpler the antenna the better. The amplifier gain on antenna tend to make any usable signal worse by amplifying the noise along with the signal.

Couple of things you can do to improve the reception:

1. Turn off the antenna’s amplifier.
2. Position your antenna as high as possible and keep it away from being too close to wall or obstructions. And rotate it for reception.

You may also want to go by Radio shack and buy their simple FM [only] antenna for $3.99 and string it as high as possible.

Good luck.

markw
11-14-2006, 05:47 AM
If you can do an outdoor rooftop antenna your options are wide open. And, if you are within a reasonable distance from your stations, excellent performers don't have to be expensive or massive.