boltz speaker stands [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : boltz speaker stands

hmmmm
02-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Does anyone have Boltz speaker stands. I was just wondering if they are good quality. I like the one that has shelves below it. Does anyone know of any other styles like this? They look pretty heavy duty. Thx.

GaToy
02-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Have you ever seen the prices for these things? They are outragiously high. You can find something just as good for alot less money.

~C.C.~

hmmmm
02-12-2004, 06:46 AM
Have you ever seen the prices for these things? They are outragiously high. You can find something just as good for alot less money.

~C.C.~
They are expensive but I haven't found anything that has a design like theirs with the shelves under it. Have you?

Woochifer
02-12-2004, 01:06 PM
I've seen Boltz's audio racks and they're reasonably well constructed, though not especially heavy. My concern with speaker stands is whether the stand itself is susceptible to picking up vibrations, and how stable they are. Normally, a good speaker stand is designed to be as inert and stable as possible. At least the shelving with the Boltz stands is fairly open, so I doubt that you'll have any major acoustical problems, depending on what you put on the shelves. My only reservation about them would be their lateral stability because of that open space in the middle.

If you want something heavier duty, Sound Anchor stands are welded heavy gauge steel stands that are shipped preassembled (not flat packed like most other stands) and preweighted. Their adjustable model can go up to 45" high, and you can order additional platforms, which can effectively double as shelves. I use them for my surrounds because no other stand I was aware of could elevate over 36" and support a 28 lb. speaker. The stands are not cheap ($350/pair), but they are very flexible, well built, and you won't knock them over unless you really try (at 65 lbs. each, they will bruise you before ever tipping over if you accidentally run into them).

http://www.soundanchor.com/img96.gif

The platform is adjustable between 5" and 45", additional platforms (8"x8" up to 14"x14") can be inserted at any point along the vertical column.

http://www.soundanchor.com/page11.html

hmmmm
02-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Wow, that's a nice stand. I checked out the site. I'll definately consider them. My wife might kill me for spending that much though:)