There's a blue blur at the bottom of my lcd [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : There's a blue blur at the bottom of my lcd

Hashpot
11-10-2006, 03:22 PM
I purchased the Hitachi 50'' rear projection lcd back in january of this year and i dont know if has to do with the lamp of the tv or if its been damaged,i dont think its the lamp because the picture would darken it wouln't turn blue at the bottom.The blue blur started about three months ago. I want to know if anyone knows what this is and how to fix it.

Grandpaw
11-10-2006, 03:34 PM
I purchased the Hitachi 50'' rear projection lcd back in january of this year and i dont know if has to do with the lamp of the tv or if its been damaged,i dont think its the lamp because the picture would darken it wouln't turn blue at the bottom.The blue blur started about three months ago. I want to know if anyone knows what this is and how to fix it.

Probably not it but did you place a unshielded speaker underneath your TV? Jeff

jrhymeammo
11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Do you have anything sitting under that spot? Like an unshielded center speaker, or something Magnetic? I dont know about LCD but CRT will do that.

Hashpot
11-10-2006, 04:04 PM
i put a subwoofer on the floor once for a very short time near the lcd about 55inches underneath the tv. I dont think thats what caused it though if thats the problem how much do you think it will cost to fix

Hashpot
11-10-2006, 04:14 PM
I just found out it is magnetically damaged what should i do to resolve this problem

Grandpaw
11-10-2006, 06:32 PM
I just found out it is magnetically damaged what should i do to resolve this problem

I am not familiar with that big of LCD screen but check and see if it has a degaussing option in the menu and try that. My computer screen has one maybe your TV does also, Jeff

edtyct
11-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Unlike CRTs, LCDs don't have an electron beam that can be affected by a magnetic pull. The problem may be with the optics or the optical block itself. Most likely you won't be able to fix it. Call Hitachi and tell them the symptoms. You should still be under warranty.