T.V. stand with component-sized shelves [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : T.V. stand with component-sized shelves

bo130
11-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Does anyone know of a source where I can find a t.v. stand that has component-sized shelving with a glass door?

I have checked out a number of websites (rackandstands,com, along with a lot of others through a Google search) and while they have a lot of *open* television stands, all of them that I have found with a glass door have shelving that has a maximum internal length of say 14-15 inches. Both my dvd player and reciever have a length of roughly 17-18 inches. Do they exist? Or am I basically resigned to finding a television shelf that I would have to cut the back out of? Thanks in advance.

elapsed
11-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Salamander has modular A/V furniture, so I'm sure you could spec out exactly what you are looking for:

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn/index.jsp

paul_pci
11-09-2006, 10:25 PM
have you checked audioadvisor.com? I beleive crutchfield.com added new furniture to their repertoire and then there's Sanus, you could look into their website. I have an audio rack from Sanus and it's designed to hold a 27" TV, conventional kind, I guess.

bubbagump
11-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Dedicated Audio/video furniture tends to run from cheap and low quality to pricey for the better stuff without a lot in between. I've had good luck with World Market. They import mostly hardwood and extremely durable furniture from plantation grown tree farms in the far east. The prices are amazingly low for what you get. It lacks some of the polish that typical furniture stores provide but if you like the look, it may be for you.

http://www.worldmarket.com

The Tahitijack
11-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Salamander and Sanus offer deep stands with glass doors.

jocko_nc
11-14-2006, 06:31 PM
I have one partially constructed in the garage right now...

I have had the same problem ongoing for two years, since we went DLP. Something is always wrong: Oversize components. Center channel speaker. DLP height. Every piece we have looked at was not right. We had something made for the old house. Now that we have moved, we tried to modify another piece. Nope. As I am writing this, I am waiting for glue to dry... It is the only way to get exactly what you want.

jocko