Question calibration [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question calibration

sleeper_red
02-09-2004, 03:34 AM
do you recommend calibrating just the main speakers and a subwoofer? I bought the Yamaha RX-V1400 mainly for listening to music. I might buy a center and rear speakers later on, but for now, I just want the B&W 601 S3's.

mtrycraft
02-09-2004, 04:11 PM
do you recommend calibrating just the main speakers and a subwoofer? I bought the Yamaha RX-V1400 mainly for listening to music. I might buy a center and rear speakers later on, but for now, I just want the B&W 601 S3's.

Not sure what you are after. Do you have other speakers in the system or is this for the future when you add surround speakers. In that latter case, yes, you need to level match all.

sleeper_red
02-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Right now, I don't have any other speakers. In the future, I will add center and rear speakers. Maybe 2-3 months from now. Also, what do you think of the B&W LM1 for the rears and the LCR30 for the center? Thanks again.

mtrycraft
02-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Right now, I don't have any other speakers. In the future, I will add center and rear speakers. Maybe 2-3 months from now. Also, what do you think of the B&W LM1 for the rears and the LCR30 for the center? Thanks again.

Sorry, cannot give you reliable info on those speakers. I am sure someone will. You may want to ask in speaker board.